Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
mrmicp
mrmicp began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Putting Books in to Collections

Hi,

I'm currently testing out the sony prs 505 and we will be using these devices to store manuals on. As we have hundreds of manuals I wanted to be able to brake them down in to relevant sections as at the moment all the manuals are just listed under books by title or author etc.. I wanted to know if you could somehow put them into the collections section ans then sub folders....Is this possible with the current tools or is it possible with any hacks?

Thanks in advance
Mic P
mrmicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmicp View Post
I'm currently testing out the sony prs 505 and we will be using these devices to store manuals on. As we have hundreds of manuals I wanted to be able to brake them down in to relevant sections as at the moment all the manuals are just listed under books by title or author etc.. I wanted to know if you could somehow put them into the collections section ans then sub folders....Is this possible with the current tools or is it possible with any hacks?
Yes, you can put your eBooks in Collections. But it is a single level hierarchy. No folders within the collections.

Or, if you are making the ebooks yourself you could put multiple books into a single file and use a Table of Contents to get some organization.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
mrmicp
mrmicp began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
is there a way to edit the metadata in adobe acrobat to put the books into collections or do you require some 3rd part software like calibre?
mrmicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Third-party; Collections are independent of book-metadata & it's only Calibre that has the feature of creating one from the other.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote