Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #16
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Any new news in this arena? Specifically I want to be able to control TEXT color (i.e. shades of gray), as opposed to, say, pictures. According to the BBeB spec, there is a textcolor attribute - 4 bytes - alpha, red, green, blue. I have tried lots of combinations and all I get is black text. I can get the viewer on eBook Library (official Sony software) to do what I want. But not so with the PRS-505 itself. Similarly with the fontweight attribute. According to the spec, this should work. But I only get one weight of font on the actual reader.

I guess a better and more specific question is - Is there a PRS-505 technical spec that describes how it reacts to the various allowed features of the BBeB spec?
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No specs at all, sorry (well, except the Xylog LRS one). Everything's been reverse engineered. And it's been a long time since I looked into the BBeB renderer...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert