Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Book-type covers for the K3? In the UK??

Morning all,

Does anyone have any good pointers for covers for the K3 in the UK? I'm looking for a leather one (probably) like the black Sony one I have on my PRS505. I'm happy to Velcro(tm) the Kindle in, especially as the hinges on the Amazon covers look a bit kludgy to me.

WP
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I would guess that the Amazon covers would be pretty secure, given that they were designed together with the device. That said, I'm sure that lots of other covers will come out soon enough - they're perhaps waiting until they get a K3 themselves to test with.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I kinda like the look of the Amazon ones TBH but I feel that £30 is a bit steep. I might spring for one though, depending on how long it takes others to become available.

Are there any "generic" leather folder-type cases into which I could Velcro my new toy?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Inique do some lovely cases, they are in the UK, but none are in stock until the end of September
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20

Well, after searching teh interweb numerous times looking for something like the Amazon (unlit) case/cover, I have finally ordered the Amazon cover.

I figure that most leather covers of this type are going to be around the £30 mark anyway and I have a £5 voucher (now applied) so it brings it down a bit.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Have had my K2i in the official cover for nearly a year now... the kindle hasn't budged one micrometre at any time... nice strong fit... feels safe and secure... I've not one complaint... although I've heard that if you try to flip the wrong side open you can snap the kindle into little pieces... I have on occasion started to open the cover from the wrong side, but I'm slow and careful when opening so I've always been able to go "whoops" and just flip the whole thing around the right way... those silly people that have snapped theirs must have been pretty forceful with it because you get resistance almost straight away.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I don't have a K2 so I'm not familiar with that cover but it seems the K3 is designed to make you intuitively open it from the front. The elastic wraps around the front and it has a little tab there. It would feel strange opening it from the back.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
When I am reading I have put the elastic round the back, so it's out of the way, and I could (technically) leave it like that, close the kindle, and acidently pick it up again and try and open it from the back.

My way to minimise the risk of that is to tuck the elastic behind the kindle in front of the back, so it's still inside the cover.

It's a nice cover, and looks good, but I miss my Tuff Luv Flip cover, so have pre ordered that today.

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-02-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #9
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20

I guess a couple of Velco dots would prevent such eventualities, sticking the device to the back cover reasonably well. What sort of material is inside the case? Images I have seen look like it is some sort of felt liner.