Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #46
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Sabem o que acho mais incrível? Como português, espanhol e italiano são línguas tão próximas, o que torna possível a leitura sem muito esforço ou uma educação mais formal. Vocês certamente me entendem, não? Estava lendo a wikipédia italiana sem muito esforço, e embora para alguns vocábulos não houvesse equivalente em português, pelo contexto consegui interpretar corretamente.

tudo graças ao bom e velho latim...

acho que vou me arriscar em algum clássico italiano, mas não ainda Dante. Pelo menos, parece mais fácil do que poesia francesa...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #47
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Bravo, il portoghese lo leggo abbastanza facilmente. Non lo spagnolo. E' il contrario per ascoltare. Capisco facilmente lo spagnolo, meno il portoghese, anche se ho lavorato per qualche mese in Brazil

Certo che ti capisco, benissimo. Leggi Guareschi, costa pochi soldi.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #48
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"ascoltare", I didn't knew quite what to think. Quick go to it.wikipedia: "ascoltare con interesse tutto ciò che il professore dice"

haha, fica evidente que se trata de "escutar/listen to"...

BTW, it's not difficult either to try to speak either spanish or italian by reading aloud. I have to say I had Roberto Benigni in mind while reading it.wikipedia entries yesterday...

don't know "Guareschi", do you mean the cartoonist for sure?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #49
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
"ascoltare", I didn't knew quite what to think. Quick go to it.wikipedia: "ascoltare con interesse tutto ciò che il professore dice"

haha, fica evidente que se trata de "escutar/listen to"...

BTW, it's not difficult either to try to speak either spanish or italian by reading aloud. I have to say I had Roberto Benigni in mind while reading it.wikipedia entries yesterday...

don't know "Guareschi", do you mean the cartoonist for sure?
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovannino_Guareschi
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #50
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
In Romanian, that sentence is "asculta cu interes tot ce zice profesorul".
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #51
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
"Don Camillo en de kleine wereld"
Again a book I read in Dutch, years ago!
But Namekuseijin's suggestion to have a look at the Italian Wikipedia is excellent too!
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #52
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
In Romanian, that sentence is "asculta cu interes tot ce zice profesorul".
very close too.

why the germans needed to be such party poopers?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #53
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
no Beppe please please, not Alberoni! He is so vapid, so empty, so shallow... ok, then, those may be the reason if you need something really plain to learn Italian
I have to agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A beautiful, very intersting book for children is

"La famosa invasione degli orsi in Sicilia" of Dino Buzzati (even if not yet available on IBS...)

It's a story of a group of funny, genuine bears that invade Sicilia.

Actually, "Le avventure di Pinocchio" of Carlo Collodi is much more famous

http://www.ibs.it/ebook/collodi-carl...809753952.html

http://www.ibs.it/ebook/collodi-carl...858503362.html

but i prefer the first one. Pinocchio is excessively moralistic for me.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #54
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi all,
just found another provider of italian ebooks, the Libreria Universitaria - they say they have 300.000 titles, but I haven't explored it in any detail yet. I was looking for Shinra Sensei's tip of Buzzati (which I have not read), but they haven't got it either.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #55
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
I have to agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A beautiful, very intersting book for children is

"La famosa invasione degli orsi in Sicilia" of Dino Buzzati (even if not yet available on IBS...)

It's a story of a group of funny, genuine bears that invade Sicilia.

Actually, "Le avventure di Pinocchio" of Carlo Collodi is much more famous

http://www.ibs.it/ebook/collodi-carl...809753952.html

http://www.ibs.it/ebook/collodi-carl...858503362.html

but i prefer the first one. Pinocchio is excessively moralistic for me.
Quote:
Hi all,
just found another provider of italian ebooks, the Libreria Universitaria - they say they have 300.000 titles, but I haven't explored it in any detail yet. I was looking for Shinra Sensei's tip of Buzzati (which I have not read), but they haven't got it either.
This is very useful and interesting. Would you mind, both of you, to repost your great contributions on the new thread that I am trying to use as a reference for Italian ebooks.

just as an encouragement, I give you a little bit of karma. I know that it is silly, but ...

BTW Shinra tensei, I saw that you posted there. I will put your suggestion in the TOC. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #56
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

I am going to ask to a moderator friend of mine to help me to sort out this problem of two threads competing. LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #57
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
This is very useful and interesting. Would you mind, both of you, to repost your great contributions on the new thread that I am trying to use as a reference for Italian ebooks.

just as an encouragement, I give you a little bit of karma. I know that it is silly, but ...

BTW Shinra tensei, I saw that you posted there. I will put your suggestion in the TOC. Thank you.
ah, I hadn't eralised I was sriting in two different topics

and thanks for the massive K, I feel very very competent now
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #58
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
ah, I hadn't eralised I was sriting in two different topics

and thanks for the massive K, I feel very very competent now
Yeah. I contacted the mighty moderator and something will happen. You can follow the operation on my page. In the visitors' messages. That's one of the purposes of them. This is a very efficient site. Right in the cloud.

You are very very competent.
Let me assume a very serious face