Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
DiggerG
DiggerG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (world)
Searching down to two choices

Ok, I'm getting closer...choice is now the Sony PRS600 or the COOL-ER. I have decided that the Kindle is too closed and proprietary, I don't need wireless in my ereader (I have enough of that in my desktop, laptop and iphone). Also, it seems the books I read are either very easy to find digitally or impossible to find. So, I am resigned to having some treebooks in my life, which isn't so bad.

Reasons:
Sony -
Benefits - 6" screen, expansion slots, on-board dictionary, touch screen, nice protective case choice. Also, large company may mean staying power through the ereader ewars.
Negatives - somewhat limited formats, haven't seen it to assess glare issue.

Cool-er
Benefits - Very neat, clean design (IMHO), straightforward approach to user functions, more formats than Sony.
Negatives - Have to wait at least 3 weeks to get it, poor case choices (although Coolreader says they are going to have their own one on offer soon), wonky firmware (although that problem may now be over)

So that's where I am right now. I am putting this thread out to see if you all can poke holes in my reasoning, bring up items I may have missed or generally poke holes in my finalists!!
DiggerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
DiggerG
DiggerG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (world)
I should also add as a negativet that I know nothing of the Company behind the Cool-er (Coolreaders, Interead???) and thus its staying power.
DiggerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
How about PocketBook? If you don't need wireless (lol, I have just the same set of computers that you listed here), you don't have to wait 3 weeks to get PocketBook301, and it has very competitive UI and firmware if you compare it to Sony or CoolEr
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote