Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
My Kindle DX arrival

Hello all. As I promised I will maintain informed about my DX status and cost. I will continue posting in this thread all my thinkings instead in others old (Mainly because y do not want to search posts and find what I've said in them).

From now, mi DX was shipped June 10 overnigh from Amazon and now is "Out for Delivery" in Brandenton, FL (the MyUS city).

If MyUS receive it before 14:00 FL time it will be shipped to Spain same day.

From now, I have one charge: 407.01€ from Amazon (DX, DX cover and Shipping to FL).

Upgrade: 09:23:00 Delivered at MyUS in FL.

Last edited by rfog; 06-11-2009 at 10:37 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Received in MyUS and shipped to me: 56.36€ more for shipping costs from USA to Spain:

407.01€ from Amazon
56.36€ MyUS to Spain shipping
===========
453.37€ by now.

We need to add VAT and Douane.
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
rfog
Guru

Finally I've got mine...

The costs of Douane have been wildly expensive, in fact I am going to officially complain.

83.53€ for VAT (OK)
63.71€ for Tariff Duties (They have categorized in: image and audio player).
61.09€ for Import Duties Management.

Total:

218.10€

Then, total cost has been:

671.27€

Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yikes! I hope you like it and it works well for you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Rfog,

61.09€ for Import Duties Management? Is that what the delivery company charged for the work of collecting the VAT and import duty? If so, it sounds much too high.

On my Kindle 2, I paid £7.39 import duty, and £11 for the delivery company's charge. Total just over £18 or about 21 euros. Plus the inevitable VAT of course.

Still, I hope you find it worthwhile. I'm certainly enjoying my K2.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #6
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Rfog,

61.09€ for Import Duties Management? Is that what the delivery company charged for the work of collecting the VAT and import duty? If so, it sounds much too high.

On my Kindle 2, I paid £7.39 import duty, and £11 for the delivery company's charge. Total just over £18 or about 21 euros. Plus the inevitable VAT of course.

Still, I hope you find it worthwhile. I'm certainly enjoying my K2.
Here in Spain is about 40/60 euro, and basically the amount they want (is a free option for Managers, in this case DHL Spain).
Old 06-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Finally I've got mine...

The costs of Douane have been wildly expensive, in fact I am going to officially complain.

83.53€ for VAT (OK)
63.71€ for Tariff Duties (They have categorized in: image and audio player).
61.09€ for Import Duties Management.

Total:

218.10€

Then, total cost has been:

671.27€

Hi, rfog, hello. But...But... 671?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

O!!!MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
Hi, rfog, hello. But...But... 671?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

O!!!MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes. : wall:
Old 06-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thumbs up

I know why Irex does not decrease their price NOW.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
yingwu
Addict

rfog, you have accepted the final cost, 671EU, finally???
Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #11
rfog
Guru

Quote:
rfog, you have accepted the final cost, 671EU, finally???
Yes. What to do? Abandon 450€ for not to pay 200? I had to accept that.

However I'm going to complain to Douane service.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
yingwu
Addict

I guess the Douane service is from government. For your opinion, I mean now, which one you prefer, considering everything in all??

Or do you suggest people who is in Europe buy a DX given its quality, function and final price?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
rfog
Guru

Quote:
I guess the Douane service is from government. For your opinion, I mean now, which one you prefer, considering everything in all??

Or do you suggest people who is in Europe buy a DX given its quality, function and final price?
Yes, Douane is a government service (people that appy taxes are gov employes in spani, AFAIK).

Today I've tested both I'm unsure what I prefer talking about PDF support. DX is good enough, but DR has a lot more features (some of them I do not use). However automatic screen rotation is a big feature for me.

However, as overall performance, I prefer DX because Mobipocket support. Instant dictionary search and instant document and global documents search. Instant annotations that are saved in a text file (Does not matter DR is tactile, is faster to annotate in DX without touchscreen instead if DR does not loses your touch -sometimes it remains autistic and you nedd two or three touches to get DR reacting). Bad things are you cannot annotate or mark text in PDF.

And battery duration.

DRM is not a problem. Amazon has more ebooks than other vendors, books are cheapier and if you have a book from other seller, keep away DRM and load into DX or K2. Al least those is legal in Spain. It only becomes illegal when getting money for that or by putting in public networks.

My two cents.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
I guess the Douane service is from government.
Yes, "Douane" would also be known as "Customs and Excise" or similar.

The OP's "Import Duties Management" charge, however, might be determined by the shipping company, so the €61.09 part of the charge (which does seem excessive) might not be directly down to the Douane.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I've been luckier than rfog and my shipment passed through clearance processing without charges.
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote