Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Paperwhite behaving strangely

My Paperwhite switched itself to screensaver mode and is not switching back on. In the past week I noticed that it would sometimes fail to respond to screen touches and at other times be fine.

UPDATE:
While I was writing this it flashed on/off/on again then a message came up saying something along the lines of "collecting information, will only take a minute". The Kindle screen appeared and the progress bar completed, it has now switched back on and I can open books. However, I'm experiencing the same lagging as earlier this week and generally slow/late/non-responsiveness.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly happening?
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmmm. this sounds a lot like another MUCH older thread about a spurious "fail information facility" on the touch. Or perhaps an evolution of that.

Honestly... I would contact CS and look to get a replacement asap.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
My Paperwhite switched itself to screensaver mode and is not switching back on. In the past week I noticed that it would sometimes fail to respond to screen touches and at other times be fine.

UPDATE:
While I was writing this it flashed on/off/on again then a message came up saying something along the lines of "collecting information, will only take a minute". The Kindle screen appeared and the progress bar completed, it has now switched back on and I can open books. However, I'm experiencing the same lagging as earlier this week and generally slow/late/non-responsiveness.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly happening?
Try a factory reset. If that doesn't work then call for a replacement.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I had the same problem with my first PW. A reset solved the problem.

Experienced this again recently with my 2nd PW, I did a restart first (through settings, then selecting restart) and so far, so good.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you leave WiFi enabled? Perhaps it's installed a firmware upgrade?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks guys,

It seems to be back to normal at the moment which is great I'm just hoping it's not going to be a recurring problem or a symptom of a more serious problem - I wonder whether it's nothing or if it's best to get a replacement whilst still under warranty in case it has problems later on.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
It would be best to at least reach out to CS to see if it's something they've encountered. Better to start the ball rolling on remedying it, or get it replaced since it's still under warranty.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote