Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
EasternDiv
EasternDiv began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Underlined TOC Links

My document was createad in Microsoft Word, then saved as html. I have removed the underlining in the Table of Contents, in the html file:

a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:none;}

The contents are far more attractive without the ugly underlines. My html file renders just the links perfectly fine, that is, with no underlines.

However, when I convert to ePub and open the ebook on iPad, the links are disappointingly underlined.

Can anyone tell me why this is the case and how to handle it?

Thank you very much.
EasternDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the ePub forum. Please post your message in the correct forum section - it makes life easier for everyone that way!

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
For one, it could be that the iBooks is ignoring your CSS. It ignores several CSS settings. On another note, you don't need a TOC. An ePUB has an internal TOC which is usually more than sufficient.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
AZdave
Enthusiast
AZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Stratosphere (coolreader), BeBook Neo,EBookman
As a practical item I would want links underlined. Or else how would I know them links? In a web browser I can cursor over the link and see where it points. In my ereader I have no way of telling what is a link or just plain text.

At least if I see an underline I can tap or get a stylus and try to open the link.
AZdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Entries in TOC, or footnote numbers are obvious things to try, even if they are not underlined.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert