Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
svetimas
svetimas began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
Ebooks stored in database

Hello,

I have a database there I store my ebooks in database as BLOB objects with all other information about my books. Is there any chance of making Calibre to use my database for accessing this information?

I use oracle database for this purpose.
svetimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is certainly not possible at the moment as there is a lot of code that assumes books are stored in a file system owned by Calibre..

Whether it will become possible at some point in the future when the work that is going on in the database layer has been completed I have no idea (this work has as its a primary goal allowing multiple Caolibre clients to work of the same Calibre database). Even if it does become technically possible it will almost certainly require someone with the appropriate technical skills and an interest in doing it to put in some development effort.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
svetimas
svetimas began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
Thank you for your answer.
svetimas is offline   Reply With Quote