Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #316
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I (and many here) have/use Dropbox but this is exciting

Get 50 GBs of cloud storage now for your Fire/Android device at Box :

Here is the article:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/23/bo...VentureBeat%29

Here is the app on the Amazon store:

http://www.amazon.com/Box-net-Box/dp...0063088&sr=1-1

Only valid for next 30 days
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #317
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I (and many here) have/use Dropbox but this is exciting

Get 50 GBs of cloud storage now for your Fire/Android device at Box :

Here is the article:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/23/bo...VentureBeat%29

Here is the app on the Amazon store:

http://www.amazon.com/Box-net-Box/dp...0063088&sr=1-1

Only valid for next 30 days
I've use them when I was making Sims creations. The problem was there was no easy way to upload from your PCs like dropbox unless that has changed and then there's a bandwidth cap.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #318
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Just installed and registered my Box.net setup.
The 50 GB is for LIFETIME. I got a message after I signed in that my account was "upgraded"so the promo is legit.
I referred many to Dropbox but still only have about 5GB of space at DB.

I like it

Last edited by salsaguy; 02-24-2012 at 02:14 AM. Reason: typeo
Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #319
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It works! I logged in on the web and found my regular 5GB, downloaded the app to my phone, signed in and got the 50BG upgrade. Very nice!
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #320
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
In two clicks (I have them in favorites beside each other) I can turn WiFi off and lock my Fire which will save my battery.
Hello I'm new and can I ask how you do that? Even saving a few steps can make like a little easier. Sometimes I'm a little frustrated.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #321
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Conford View Post
Hello I'm new and can I ask how you do that? Even saving a few steps can make like a little easier. Sometimes I'm a little frustrated.
Go to beginning of this thread and you will find links to two apps. One is WiFi Switch and one is the Lock screen app. Install them then just add the apps to your favorites so it will be on your home screen. When you want to turn WiFi on/off just tap the icon same with the Lock app. Tapping the icon puts the Fire to sleep.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #322
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Go to beginning of this thread and you will find links to two apps. One is WiFi Switch and one is the Lock screen app. Install them then just add the apps to your favorites so it will be on your home screen. When you want to turn WiFi on/off just tap the icon same with the Lock app. Tapping the icon puts the Fire to sleep.
Thank you!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #323
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Just learned about Ovguide recently. I do not see any charges for the streaming service for tv shows, etc. Anyone use this and would not mind sharing your experience would be appreciated.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #324
thetaoofrecovery
thetaoofrecovery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I hate to be lazy and not read every page of this thread, but is there an app that will allow me to "deactivate" the touch screen...in other words, when I am reading an ebook, I find that my finger accidentally turns pages, and I would like to be able to turn on/off page turning at least...thanks!
thetaoofrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #325
salsaguy
Addict

How do you read a book if you cant turn the page unless its only 1 page long?!
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #326
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
This is my "MUST" have app for this month:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Labs-Bada...3&sr=1-3-fkmr0

It overlays the Kindle Fire Battery Icon with a numerical icon showing remaining battery energy and is always visible when the notification bar is visible.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #327
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
This is my "MUST" have app for this month:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Labs-Bada...3&sr=1-3-fkmr0

It overlays the Kindle Fire Battery Icon with a numerical icon showing remaining battery energy and is always visible when the notification bar is visible.
I like it.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #328
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I like it.
LOL. It wouldn't install. Little bugger. I'll have to see if they charged me. (not that $.99 would break me).
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #329
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Already installed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
LOL. It wouldn't install. Little bugger. I'll have to see if they charged me. (not that $.99 would break me).
If you bought it, then do the following after syncing and installing it:

Go to Preferences and choose the icon from Preferences \ Battery Icon Themes. It is the "Circle - Big Visible Numbers."

It doesn't install as a separate App. Its an add on to the Badass Battery Monitor - Kindle Fire Version.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #330
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Still doesn't work for me.

Got it working now.....looks great

Last edited by 74Cuda; 03-03-2012 at 03:03 PM.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote