Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
flow_
flow_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3. Userstore not mounted after the factory reset.

Hello,

K3 3G B00A 3.1
Hacks installed:
• jailbreak_0.6.N, as I now understand this version of jailbreak is not suitable for 3.1.
• hack screensavers

A few months after installing hacks I mistakenly did factory reset instead of restart (to connect the new collection of calibre).

As a result, kindle after restart or factory reset does not mount userstore.
At the user section 3 folders remained.
system - is empty
documents - instructions to kindle
musik - empty
Backup files with a custom section, I did not.

After a factory reset of free memory 116 Mb (Menu button - upper left corner). Although the usb from your computer about 3Gb.
kindle does not see the books from /documents
When you use:
; DebugOn
~ MemInfo
; DumpMessages
dump-file userstore in /documents or elsewhere not created.
If put in the root user update_jailbreak_0.6.N_k3gb_uninstall.bin section, then Menu - Settings - Settings - Update Your Kidle not active, but the restart when an update error 3, that is at this point userstore mounted.

Many times, tried factory reset and restart, formatted FAT32 with a computer.

How to mount a userstore? It may be possible to install a hack usbnetwork and fix your system files.

Please help.

Last edited by flow_; 01-04-2012 at 02:27 PM.
flow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Is it working already?
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
When you formatted the user store partition, the kindle mounted it fine and did not rebuild it with default folders.

The kindle rebuilds the userstore if it CANNOT mount it. dd /dev/zero onto it, and rebooting should format and rebuild it.

You can verify that by viewing the startup scripts.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
flow_

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The kindle rebuilds the userstore if it CANNOT mount it. dd /dev/zero onto it, and rebooting should format and rebuild it.
You're right, I formatted the user store ext4 and restart the device. I can see through the USB fat32 and same three folders:
system - is empty
documents - instructions to kindle
musik - empty

A similar problem here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164268
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
ft.parham
ft.parham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Question Help me

Hi every body, I have a big problem! I installed rotation pack on my kindle touch and after that I couldn't use it i mean it didn't work I decided to uninstall it. after that I couldn't open the store, after two or three times my device restart and after that whenever I try to open either store or special offers it gives me this error "the selected application could not be started. Please try again"
please help me what should I do now?
ft.parham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft.parham View Post
Hi every body, I have a big problem! I installed rotation pack on my kindle touch and after that I couldn't use it i mean it didn't work I decided to uninstall it. after that I couldn't open the store, after two or three times my device restart and after that whenever I try to open either store or special offers it gives me this error "the selected application could not be started. Please try again"
please help me what should I do now?
Don't hijack someone else's thread to talk about an unrelated matter. Please create your own separate thread.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
flow_

Unfortunately kindle still does not see the books...;(
Old 07-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
flow_

Now I've found a error - there were files in the folder /mnt/us. I deleted the files using serial port. After that I rebooted the book and the userstore was mounted. Now I'm going to find out the reason for which the files were /mnt/us.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #9
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow_ View Post
Now I've found a error - there were files in the folder /mnt/us. I deleted the files using serial port. After that I rebooted the book and the userstore was mounted. Now I'm going to find out the reason for which the files were /mnt/us.
When you see the kindle as a USB drive, it is exporting /mnt/us. When you deleted /mnt/us, you deleted the contents of your USB drive. It is as simple as that.

When poking around inside the kindle (via serial port or USBnet SSH shell), it is a bad idea to delete stuff if you do not know what it is.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
flow_

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
When you see the kindle as a USB drive, it is exporting /mnt/us. When you deleted /mnt/us, you deleted the contents of your USB drive. It is as simple as that.

When poking around inside the kindle (via serial port or USBnet SSH shell), it is a bad idea to delete stuff if you do not know what it is.
It is clear that the when you deleted /mnt/us, you deleted the contents of your USB drive but only when USB drive is mounted. In my case it was not so - please read the first post of a topic
Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
geekmaster

I am curious how the files and folders got copied into the mount point folder. The kindle may have had mount problems on startup, then formatted your USB drive partition, then again failed to mount it but populated the folder anyway (a bug in the startup scripts)...

This is a bit confusing having our dialog spread across three threads (this one, plus two more in the dev corner). Our conversation is spread across all three threads, and we are both continuing to post to all three of them. We need a forum RAID management tool to make the three threads appear as one virtual thread.