Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
ben_m_corser
ben_m_corser began at the beginning.

Some questions

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a Western retailer for the Librie? I have been looking around the internet for about 2 hours and the best price (from the list of sites on the LibrieWiki) I could find is 46 000 yen from a Japanese site. This is about £200 and I can just buy an American "Sony Reader" for £150, and I would, were it not for two things:

-I want a keyboard
-It's so sexy it makes me want to poo my pants and die

I am utterly seduced.

Further questions .. can I create text files on the device using the keyboard, or is it just for making notes? How English can I make the OS? Is the American version a lot better? What is the mp3 function like? Does the battery really last ages?

TIA

Ben
ben_m_corser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Good luck! The Librie is even super-scarce here in Japan, I looked all over the electronics distric and didn't find a single on. This might be due to a limited run by Sony when they marketed the product. Best of luck finding a good deal, I'll keep my eyes open for one and let you know what I find (BTW 46,000 yen is way over-priced for the Librie, that's $50 more than the Reader for old tech!).
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert