Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
wayneriette
wayneriette began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Need help with clock setting , kindle 2

I have just recieved my KINDLE 2 INTERNATIONAL Version .

The clock is 2 hours behind South African time , I have tried switching on and off , also re connecting radio , also changed provider , now on local VODACOM provider , still time is 2hours behindany hep would be appreciatted !!thanx in advance !!
wayneriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
wayneriette

16 VIEWS AND NO HELP ???
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneriette View Post
16 VIEWS AND NO HELP ???
Shhhh! - it's only been a few hours Those 16 people probably didn't have anything to say

I suggest you keep the wireless on and wait until tomorrow at least. My own Kindle took a day (or was it two?) to update the clock with local information.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneriette View Post
16 VIEWS AND NO HELP ???
Yelling at us won't help!

Have you contacted Amazon CS? You should be able to sign into your account, hit the "contact us" button, and choose either 'email' or 'call me' feature. I'm not sure how it works internationally.

At any rate, they have shown great CS........good luck and let us know what you find out.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yelling at us won't help!
I wouldn't be so sure... She's gotten two replies already
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I agree -- in the USA, the clock is entirely done by wireless. No way to set it. Leave that on .... and/or call customer service!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
wayneriette

so , leave it for for at least a day , might get the right time , or will it get the right time ??
Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Yep, you can change it. Go into menu and settings. Type 311. This will locate all the telcos in your area providing a wireless service - I had about 10 to choose from. You might need to try out a couple, but one of them will reset your clock to local time. I asked this question a couple of weeks ago and fixed it - although the clock had originally been correct, for some reason when I turned the wireless on about 6 weeks ago it changed the time. But all good now.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Uhmmm... where's the clock?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Uhmmm... where's the clock?
Click the menu button and the time appears in middle at the top of the screen.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Click the menu button and the time appears in middle at the top of the screen.
So it does! How handy is that...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
oilcitysis
oilcitysis began at the beginning.

clock fix

Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
oilcitysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Ea
Wizard

Welcome aboard oilcitysis!

It's definitely helpful - it's always nice when people leave helpful advice
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Pushka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcitysis View Post
Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
I guess most people assume that the kindle has already been registered. At some stage many peoples kindles time clocks are wrong, and that is when the forum comes in handy.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
Imfreakinglost
Imfreakinglost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Clock setting

Go to menu, settings then page over once and device time is 3rd option down
Imfreakinglost is offline   Reply With Quote