Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendesitba View Post
I also read in the threads concerning removing documents from the cloud that if you delete the file from the Cloud Drive, it will remain in your Kindle Device's cloud and also in the other apps that can access Kindle's Cloud, such as Kindle For Android.
No, they won't remain - at least from what I see.

Yesterday I deleted a bunch of newspapers from the Cloud Drive and they are no longer present at MYK site and "Cloud" tab on my Kindle Voyage.

What's more - they will remain on the Cloud Drive in some kind of a trash bin ("Deleted" folder), so they can be restored. I still see the files I deleted in 2014.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #17
lanooz
lanooz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi, guys
Almost a year later and Amazon yet again has changed things.
1. All these bookmarklets no longer work
2. Amazon's clouds is no longer connected with kindle documents, therefore deleting documents from there won't delete from Kindle Cloud.
In the light of these changes, any other ideas how to go around that terrible 10-docs-max limitation for a library that contains thousands of thousands of docs?

#desperate

PS: can't even do a multiple selection with a Shift key, jesus christ, who the -ef does that.

Last edited by lanooz; 06-04-2016 at 09:51 AM.
lanooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanooz View Post
Hi, guys
Almost a year later and Amazon yet again has changed things.
1. All these bookmarklets no longer work
2. Amazon's clouds is no longer connected with kindle documents, therefore deleting documents from there won't delete from Kindle Cloud.
In the light of these changes, any other ideas how to go around that terrible 10-docs-max limitation for a library that contains thousands of thousands of docs?

#desperate

PS: can't even do a multiple selection with a Shift key, jesus christ, who the -ef does that.
There is a reason for the 10 limit. That is because you can also send them to a device. For years it was limited to one.
I know a person that spent several months cleaning hers out when it was 1 at a time.
What I don't like is if you delete or send to a device, it takes you to the beginning every time. Real pain if you have 10,000 + books.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #19
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
There is a reason for the 10 limit. That is because you can also send them to a device. For years it was limited to one.
I know a person that spent several months cleaning hers out when it was 1 at a time.
What I don't like is if you delete or send to a device, it takes you to the beginning every time. Real pain if you have 10,000 + books.
Wasn't there a trick whereby you did open in new tab ?

Also, if you have a Fire it allows delete from cloud maybe more than 10 at a time ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #20
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Wasn't there a trick whereby you did open in new tab ?

Also, if you have a Fire it allows delete from cloud maybe more than 10 at a time ?
Not that I found.
Deleting from the cloud is a max of 10 at a time.
I tried on the fire, a computer and a tablet.
After the first 500 I decided the cloud isn't worth messing with.
Note these are all Amazon purchased books.
I even put in a complaint with Amazon.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #21
JazzyJeff
Enthusiast
JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JazzyJeff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Doubtful Amazon is going to change anything. It would be too easy to accidentally remove books you didn't intend to remove and then people would complain about that. If you want to clean out your library you may as well just get started. Even if Amazon does decide to give you more options it would be months if not years away.
JazzyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff View Post
Doubtful Amazon is going to change anything. It would be too easy to accidentally remove books you didn't intend to remove and then people would complain about that. If you want to clean out your library you may as well just get started. Even if Amazon does decide to give you more options it would be months if not years away.

Yes:
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, delete, english language, kindle, manage my devices