Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
iPhone 5S, 5C Announced

Faster processor, better camera, finger print identifier. Not much for the ereader I suppose. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by greenasterisk; 09-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

As expected via the rumormill, it is just incremental improvements. I see nothing to make me want to trade in my iPhone 5 for a 5S. I suspect the 64-bit processor will take at least a year before we see much developer use of it. Fingerprint is boring, and my Motorola Atrix 4g had it 3 years ago. Motion sensor is cool, but I wouldn't use that feature much. Cameras on smartphones are total crap. It is the lens and sensor size not the software and pixel numbers that make good cameras, so it will always be crap on any smartphone. Buy a cheap consumer point and shoot instead.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I traded my 4S for a Galaxy S4 and nothing here makes me regret not waiting for another iPhone.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
As expected via the rumormill, it is just incremental improvements. I see nothing to make me want to trade in my iPhone 5 for a 5S. I suspect the 64-bit processor will take at least a year before we see much developer use of it. Fingerprint is boring, and my Motorola Atrix 4g had it 3 years ago. Motion sensor is cool, but I wouldn't use that feature much. Cameras on smartphones are total crap. It is the lens and sensor size not the software and pixel numbers that make good cameras, so it will always be crap on any smartphone. Buy a cheap consumer point and shoot instead.
They marginally increased the sensor size too, I think.
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenasterisk View Post
They marginally increased the sensor size too, I think.
Yes 15% but that is not much. They still use a tiny sensor, which is typical for smartphones.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Allow me to express a resounding: MEH
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I traded my 4S for a Galaxy S4 and nothing here makes me regret not waiting for another iPhone.
Apache
Agreed; I like my Nexus 4.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Personally, I intended to wait and get a Note 3, but my original Galaxy S snuffed itself inconveniently, forcing the upgrade to a GS4.

Let's hope the iPhone does motion sensing better than the S4, though. I happen to love my cleverphone, but not because of that. I expect the Note 3 to improve on that idea (among other things).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The new iPhone is Arsenic free, Mercury free and Android free.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
No tablet intros?
Oh, well... nothing to see then.
I'll just move along... move along...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I'll just move along... move along...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
The fingerprint button is a great idea...if it works great...which I have never seen a fingerprint scanner do. We'll see I guess
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
4S for a S4 - nice swap (pun intended).
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
WOW oh WOW.

5 cute colors and the case can be colored too. You can get the same color or you can mix them.

I am under-flabbergasted, slightly amused, and a bit bewildered!

Are all those guys out in Curpetino out surfing all day and throwing down those little umbrella drinks all night?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote