Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
I got my black Kobo!

Today I went to the Indigo store in Brossard (south shore of Montreal), and they still had 6 black Kobo in the store. They had received 20 on friday. Ironically they didn't have any white ones!
I bought the black one for my wife as a Mother's Day present. My reader is a Kindle DX; it's a reader made for men .
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
What color is the button on the black Kobo?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
StealthyScribe
Feverish
StealthyScribe began at the beginning.

Device: Black Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
What color is the button on the black Kobo?
Grey. You can see it on the Chapters home page.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/
StealthyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
Today I went to the Indigo store in Brossard (south shore of Montreal), and they still had 6 black Kobo in the store. They had received 20 on friday. Ironically they didn't have any white ones!
I bought the black one for my wife as a Mother's Day present. My reader is a Kindle DX; it's a reader made for men .
Damn, and I wanted to get one, but I checked their online stock and it said 0 so I didn't bother going... We would have been 2 to post about getting a new Kobo reader from the same store today otherwise
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Damn, and I wanted to get one, but I checked their online stock and it said 0 so I didn't bother going... We would have been 2 to post about getting a new Kobo reader from the same store today otherwise
I checked their website too and it said ZERO. But since I was in Brossard anyway, I said why not.

You should go tomorrow. They had five left after I bought mine. at 5:00PM
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Signed Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura v2, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
I checked their website too and it said ZERO. But since I was in Brossard anyway, I said why not.

BY the time I get off work and fight traffic, there's most probably gonna be none left... That can wait tho
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Phone them and ask to have one put aside for you....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
stargazertony
Connoisseur
stargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch, Pre-electronic devices
I like the way the black defines the screen more than the white.
stargazertony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
In the end I went for it.
Just went to my local Chapter here in Kamloops and swapped my white Kobo for a black one.
I must admit I liked both. But my preferred color is black and this one also looks like a pendant for my black Thinkpad
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:

You're always better to check in the store. I got mine in Saskatoon, and the website at the time said there were 7 in stock, but when I went in to the store, there were 3. The website numbers aren't very reliable.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote