Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #76
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila0341 View Post
Interested!
PM and email sent to Tequila

Enjoy!

Oh, and thanks camiller for the tip - I had already done that, and was mostly just calling for Buehler to bump the thread to first page
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
In case anyone following this thread isn't aware of it, the May thread has been started at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175452
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #78
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
June bundle here - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175589
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #79
Jeanphi
Jeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to beholdJeanphi is a splendid one to behold

Device: Former user of ZX81. Kindle e ink
I'm a bit confused to know who is the last one in line.

I sent PM to Tequila and Jasoraso to get the code.

Thanks in advance

Jeanphi
Jeanphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #80
tequila0341
Enthusiast
tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.tequila0341 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kobo Glo HD

I was last in line and I think I might have screwed the thread up ... I got the code from jasoraso and downloaded the books.

Where do I get the coupon code so I can pass it on to Jeanphi? Is it only available one time upon checkout?
tequila0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #81
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila0341 View Post

I was last in line and I think I might have screwed the thread up ... I got the code from jasoraso and downloaded the books.

Where do I get the coupon code so I can pass it on to Jeanphi? Is it only available one time upon checkout?
Yes.

Did you do step 5 of the baen checkout? Step 8 in plib's writeup.

Spoiler:

The process isn't too difficult but I know I had to work it out a little the first time, so in bullet form:

1 You PM me requesting the code and including your email address. NOTE: This cannot be an email address already registered with a Baen account as the email used to generate the code has to be "new to Baen".

2 If I have not yet used my code I enter your address on checkout as outlined below and you receive the new code in email. If I have previously used my code then I send you the new code from the copy email I received on checkout using a throwaway holding email, as specified in Step 9.

3 I post on the main thread that you now have the code and are the current last-in-line for the next person to contact.

4 Go to Baen. The code generated is a single use code, once used it cannot be reused and it is only valid for that month's bundle, but it does not have to be used with an account registered to the "new" email address given to create the code. Therefore if you already have a Baen account you can use the code with your existing account. If you do not have an existing account then follow Step 7 after you have filled your shopping cart.

5 Select the relevant monthly bundle for purchase. Then go to your shopping cart. Down the page under the cart is a box labelled "Coupon or Gift Card" - copy and paste the code into the box.

6 Click the "Update Cart" button. That should change the purchase sub-total to zero. If it does then click the "Checkout Now" button.

7 If you do not already have a Baen account you will have to use the "Register and Checkout" button. You will have to create a new account, entering the information as requested. Then proceed to confirm the order.

8 When you reach step #5 in the Baen order process - headed "5-Order Confirmation" - the order will give you the option to invite a friend and send them a code.

9 If you have the email of the next recipient then enter it here. If you do not have details for the next recipient then create and enter a throwaway email - you will get a copy of the invitation and code at the email you entered above to register and can use that to send it to the next recipient when one asks.

10 It is crucial that you enter an email and generate a code, even if you don't have a valid email for the next recipient. Otherwise the chain will be broken! If necessary set up a one-time throwaway account on Yahoo or similar and use that. I think you must use a valid email address or it get kicked back as delivery failure notice. Do not
use a work email address or spam filters may well eat it. If you use gmail check your spam folder.

11 PM the next recipient with the code on request.

12 Post in the main thread who the next recipient is, so that he can be contacted in turn.

13 Return to step 1 (or actually step 4, I guess).

It looks a bit long and complicated like that, but it's pretty simple once you start doing the steps.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 04-22-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: edit
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #82
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Yes.

Did you do step 5 of the baen checkout? Step 8 in plib's writeup.

bernie
Relevant step bolded and underlined for emphasis!
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #83
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Looks like this one's well and truly dead as well. Is there any interest in starting a new chain or did everyone get it who wanted it?
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #84
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
I do not have it and would be interested in getting it!

-Well, I think tequila0341 would need to email Baen (baensupport@principledtechnologies.com) and tell them they tried to Gift the April 2012 Bundle and the person didn't receive the Code/Email, and use an email not registered with Baen to retain the code or get an email from the next person who wants this Bundle (hwlester or me (kg3)).

Unless anyone has another idea?
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #85
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I PM'd tequila0341 about this, I'll post an update when I hear back.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #86
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
I PM'd tequila0341 about this, I'll post an update when I hear back.
Hopefully you'll hear back. It looks like tequila0341 hasn't posted since April.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #87
kg3
Guru

-The "last activity" on the forums for tequila0341 was 08/02/12, that was just a few days ago, so hopefully they'll get back to me.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #88
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I'm interested in this one, too!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #89
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Also interested. hope it can be revived
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #90
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Puts hand up here. Me too please,if we can get it running.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote