Device: sony 300
Kobo is coming in black

at the end of may kobo will be available in black
ronjon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
hgreen
hgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It might be earlier. I was told at the Bloor/Bay Indigo in Toronto that they would have them on Wednesday.
hgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
This is the first time I've pre-ordered anything - damn it I should have waited.
White is so NOT good for my dirty environment.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
hgreen

Went back again today to check. The word is the launch of the black Kobo is May 8. It'll be a good Mother's Day!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
StealthyScribe
Feverish
StealthyScribe began at the beginning.

Device: Black Kobo
I called one of the Chapters stores here in Calgary and was told they aren't expecting the black one until the end of the month. I hope that's not the case if they're coming by the end of the week in Toronto. I wish we could get a firm answer from Kobo, but I've emailed them about it and haven't heard back.
StealthyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I dunno. The porcelain is reasonably attractive (other than the blue button which reminds me of someone's gum stuck on a chair ...) and, if you are concerned about showing dirt, I don't think that's an issue. My Kindle 2 is six months old, well used, and not grimy yet. Thirty hours of use and the Kobo is still clean looking. It's actually the rubberized quilted back that "shows" the dirt -- the natural oil from your finger tips.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
hgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I dunno. The porcelain is reasonably attractive (other than the blue button which reminds me of someone's gum stuck on a chair ...) and, if you are concerned about showing dirt, I don't think that's an issue. My Kindle 2 is six months old, well used, and not grimy yet. Thirty hours of use and the Kobo is still clean looking. It's actually the rubberized quilted back that "shows" the dirt -- the natural oil from your finger tips.
No, it's the blue button. If they had designed it with a white button, or even black one, I would have purchased it on the spot. The blue is too flashy. Like the old coloured iMacs, it will look dated in six months. [And I hate to say this, but it's a bit too feminine for my taste... paisley on every webpage, eek!].

Last edited by hgreen; 05-03-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
GSteer
Flying Monkies!
GSteer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo [White]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
No, it's the blue button. If they had designed it with a white button, or even black one, I would have purchased it on the spot. The blue is too flashy. Like the old coloured iMacs, it will look dated in six months. [And I hate to say this, but it's a bit too feminine for my taste... paisley on every webpage, eek!].
I'm thinking of letting the wife loose with a black marker :
GSteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
ronjon13
ronjon13 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300
Quote:
It might be earlier. I was told at the Bloor/Bay Indigo in Toronto that they would have them on Wednesday.
Afraid you were lied to. they havent even shipped from the warehouse. end of may we will see it.
ronjon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 AM   #10
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
I was wondering about the black one too. But the white should be better for outdoor use, like on the beach and such.... Won't heat up as much...
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
That will be great!
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
hgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon13 View Post
Afraid you were lied to. they havent even shipped from the warehouse. end of may we will see it.
That might be, but I went on two separate occasions and spoke with two different people who said it would happen in the next week. Maybe a problem with management?

Oh well, I can wait until the end of May (too bad for Kobo's sales #s ).

Last edited by hgreen; 05-03-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
If it happens in the next 13 days, I'll return my white one and get a black one
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
mfpreach
Enthusiast
mfpreach began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
NICE! Black is the best!
mfpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
[And I hate to say this, but it's a bit too feminine for my taste... paisley on every webpage, eek!].
Take it as a challenge to your inner butch and ... touch it. LOL. It's not that bad. They did it for branding reasons and you get used to it quickly.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo