Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Search and replace in 0.2.0

Is there a way to search (or search and replace) something in the whole book, not just in one chapter?
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I don't think you can do a find or replace within the whole eBook as of yet. I tried to find where Valloric posted that. But couldn't. But I know I read it lol.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I tried to find where Valloric posted that. But couldn't. But I know I read it lol.
I had the idea, that Valloric posted somewhere that you can do a general search and replace, but I can't find it. If you can't do so, I'll definitely will have to use version 0.1 together with 0.2 ...
Old 03-03-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
From the 0.2.0 beta announcement (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Why a beta and not a Release Candidate as I’ve previously announced? Well because not all the features that I want in the 0.2.0 release are done. The biggest omission is the cross-file search: in the current beta, you can only search (and replace) in the currently open tab, but not across all the files in the book.
So it isn't working in the current beta, but it will be implemented later.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
paulpeer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
From the 0.2.0 beta announcement (emphasis mine):

So it isn't working in the current beta, but it will be implemented later.
Thx Bert for helping me find the announcement!
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Yeah thanks Bert. I knew I had read it as well but couldn't find it. Knew I wasn't losing my mind.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I have a side issue with search and replace. I've been formatting a German text with 0.2.0 in order to get rid of the "ae", "oe" and "ue" substituting for umlauts. The process runs flawlessly and I can see the changes being made in the text, but for some reason, once I close the menu dialog, the changes are reverted and I see the "ae"s again. Is it a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I have a side issue with search and replace. I've been formatting a German text with 0.2.0 in order to get rid of the "ae", "oe" and "ue" substituting for umlauts. The process runs flawlessly and I can see the changes being made in the text, but for some reason, once I close the menu dialog, the changes are reverted and I see the "ae"s again. Is it a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?
Probably a glitch. S&R is unreliable in the current beta, a complete overhaul is scheduled for the next one.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote