Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Dust

I've noticed a lot of dust on the screen. Has anyone had any problems with dust under the screen? Also, what are you guys using to keep the screen clean?
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Keep the cover closed when not reading. I wipe my screen, frame, and cover when I'm done for the night. Not so much for dust just finger smudges.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
LaLa4363
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Keep the cover closed when not reading. I wipe my screen, frame, and cover when I'm done for the night. Not so much for dust just finger smudges.
What do you use to wipe the screen?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a dedicated microfiber cloth. If there is embedded grime, I use a dab of water first then buff. If there's a Dollar Tree near you, they have microfiber cloths in the beauty section or whatever it's called for women. They're sold as facial cloths. No need to buy anything specifically made for electronics which are more expensive.

Last edited by SCION; 02-17-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Yep, I agree with Scion. We had a similar thread a couple of weeks ago :-)
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Microfiber, the kind with deep nap, and Stoner's Invisible Glass. Zero streaks and not harsh on the touch layer.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
You can purchase one at any vision (glasses) store.
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Simiar to me .... I use a hammmer and Icepick to remove the dust particles.... Very effective and precise. .....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
LaLa4363
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! Also, do you guys think that dust will become trapped under the screen like the 600 and 700?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa4363 View Post
Thanks everyone! Also, do you guys think that dust will become trapped under the screen like the 600 and 700?
My 600 was returned the next day because of dust between the screens. This is something that happened during the manufacturing process (made in China). The 900 is made in Japan so I'm hopeful that what happened with the 600 and 700 won't be an issue.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Pixelclean Wet / Dry

I use Pixelclean Wet / Dry portable packets to clean all my LCD TV's, LCD Monitor and, when needed, my Garmin GPS and Sony eReaders.

It works well and so far hasn't harmed any units. The GPS and Sony eReaders rarely require any cleaning if kept closed and shielded.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote