Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've had problems too in the past but usually it's a 404 error which is a broken link. They have always fixed it for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #32
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
I've bought a lot of books from Kobo and had that issue once before from them, again during some bigger coupon sale. I guess sometimes there's just a glitch in the system.
Do you think I should tell them that? That I used a promo code? Or does it show in their system.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #33
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I doubt using the coupon code matters, but any information can be useful, I suppose.

I am pretty sure it's not a problem on the customer's end in these cases - especially when it's people who've successfully downloaded and opened DRM-protected epub books on their computer before, so they do know what they're doing. In my experience such glitches seem to sort themselves out on their own after a while, but it's always possible there's actually something technically wrong with the file, so when it's been this long, it's definitely worth pursuing with them.

Good luck.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I recently bought two books in a series from Kobo, both purchased the same day, using coupon discounts. One downloaded fine using Sony's Reader Library software, the other didn't. Kobo CS assured me they could download the file and that there was nothing wrong with it.

Several days and many tries later, I still could not download it. No troubles with downloading any other book in my Kobo library. No troubles downloading library books. Installed ADE 2.0, still no luck. Was finally given a store credit. Bought a different book with that, it downloaded fine.

Went to B&N, purchased the problem book, downloaded, dust-busted DRM and happily read it on my Sony.

Anyway, they may not refund by putting money back on your credit card if you can't download. They offered me the choice to keep the book and use the computer app to read or the store credit. I wanted to read on e-ink, so I took the credit.

It's all another reason why DRM is a pain for customers!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #35
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Anyway, they may not refund by putting money back on your credit card if you can't download. They offered me the choice to keep the book and use the computer app to read or the store credit. I wanted to read on e-ink, so I took the credit.

It's all another reason why DRM is a pain for customers!
While chatting with him (customer care rep.) he said we have one of 2 options to provide to you> 1. Credit you the Cost of the Book. Remove and Lock the Book 2. Keep the book in your Library and have you use the Kobo Desktop to read this particular book.

But then he said we'd like to provide further help by email as they'd like to know what the issue is. Yesterday I got an email saying that he wants me to connect a Kobo ereader and send them a log file (I don't know what this has to do with my issue). I told him I don't have one and that any other suggestions would be better. He then asked me to try different browsers, I sent back an email saying that I did and that I've downloaded an ADE book from Books on Board with no issues. I've been waiting for his response which I have yet to receive.

* When he said we can credit you the book, did he mean refund my card?
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
While chatting with him (customer care rep.) he said we have one of 2 options to provide to you> 1. Credit you the Cost of the Book. Remove and Lock the Book 2. Keep the book in your Library and have you use the Kobo Desktop to read this particular book.

But then he said we'd like to provide further help by email as they'd like to know what the issue is. Yesterday I got an email saying that he wants me to connect a Kobo ereader and send them a log file (I don't know what this has to do with my issue). I told him I don't have one and that any other suggestions would be better. He then asked me to try different browsers, I sent back an email saying that I did and that I've downloaded an ADE book from Books on Board with no issues. I've been waiting for his response which I have yet to receive.

* When he said we can credit you the book, did he mean refund my card?
You can ask for a refund but it probably take a month or two to get it.
I tell you every time I deal with their clueless support they always assume I have a Kobo Reader too. I have to numerous times repeat myself over and over. I finally found a way to explain it to them plainly in screenshots but I still hate dealing with their Support. It's a nightmare. Once they forward me to Level 2 Tech Support I see action done but dealing with Level one is useless.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #37
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can ask for a refund but it probably take a month or two to get it.
Are you sure?? Refunds usually take 3-5 days (7 max.) to appear on a credit card.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
Are you sure?? Refunds usually take 3-5 days (7 max.) to appear on a credit card.
Billing is really slow at issuing refunds.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #39
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Billing is really slow at issuing refunds.
You mean Kobo
Old 11-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
She means Kobo's billing department.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #41
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oh now I get it
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yep. They are the slowest in processing your return. This is why I choose store credit. Luckily I have been lucky to get my problems resolved within a day or two. Sometimes without their help.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #43
Gazella
Wizard

This is so frustrating. I don't know what to say about Kobo customer service. The customer care rep. I've been emailing have stopped responding to my emails so I decided to start another live chat. I had to explain the issue all over again. He asked me to take a screenshot of the error which I did. I was then disconnected and then had to start another live chat session, thank God I got connected with the same rep. Anyway, he said that because he's never seen this issue he will escalate the "investigation" to tier 2 customer care representatives which as he says are more experienced. He said they'll be emailing me. I just hope they don't email me basic troubleshootings like the first rep. did.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
They escalated me to tier 2 right before they offered me the store credit. So don't give up on them yet. I went through several rounds of emails and screenshots with them as well.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
They escalated me to tier 2 right before they offered me the store credit. So don't give up on them yet. I went through several rounds of emails and screenshots with them as well.
Agreed. Tier 2 is good news. They have authorization to actually do something!