Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #31
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clark View Post
Will Duokan Lite ever be made to work for the Kindle DXG?
I hope so. You can ask this to Duokan Dev Team: kindleuser@duokan.com
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #32
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
It only takes a few hours using the Lite but it seems more fluid reading pdf and better UI.
If it were not for not being able to adjust contrast (which is a step back unless they are planning to add) in pdf, the DKlite seems a clear improvement because we have to read mobi the original firmware of Kindle.

I want my grayscale...
New version has an additional option for this in Aa menu.
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #33
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Great .. I just upgraded and three levels of gray I think that's enough. I'm back happy.

One more question.. Does have DKLite the option to use original kindle screensavers like old Doukan ¿? (I'm a sentimental ), because the face of Jobs all the time I get bad vibes.
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #34
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Great .. I just upgraded and three levels of gray I think that's enough. I'm back happy.

One more question.. Does have DKLite the option to use original kindle screensavers like old Doukan ¿? (I'm a sentimental ), because the face of Jobs all the time I get bad vibes.
As far as I know currently there is not an option for this. But you can have them if you copy them to /DK_System/Lite/res/UserScreenSaver.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #35
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav4k View Post
Thomass, thx for info. Here it's translation to Spanish.
Greetings.
I'd like to translate into Portuguese. After that, what do I have to do? Just write new file to language folder? Or maybe restart Kindle?
jribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #36
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
I'd like to translate into Portuguese. After that, what do I have to do? Just write new file to language folder? Or maybe restart Kindle?
name it as "portuguese.txt",copy to DK_System/lite/res/language folder, then on duokan lite press alt+sym choose portuguese under language settings. Reboot is not required.

You can use the attachment instead( It is a Google translation, therefore you should check,and correct it before using)

To translate to other languages, one can use tranlate.zip to use google translator easily.

it would be nice if you upload your language files here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip translate.zip (28.4 KB, 770 views)
File Type: txt portuguese.txt (13.6 KB, 664 views)

Last edited by thomass; 10-15-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #37
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As far as I know currently there is not an option for this. But you can have them if you copy them to /DK_System/Lite/res/UserScreenSaver.
I thought, but I'm very clumsy and i do not know where to look for. Can be achieved them without the jailbreak or hack ¿?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #38
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Thank you thomass
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #39
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
I thought, but I'm very clumsy and i do not know where to look for. Can be achieved them without the jailbreak or hack ¿?
Once you've installed DKL, those folders should be accessible via USB. i.e it will be something like E:\DK_System\Lite\res\UserScreenSaver . Just drag and drop the images into there.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #40
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Unfortunately they will be available after ss hack. You may find them on the internet also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidbhurgri View Post
Thank you thomass
Check out this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=29 ( there is a newer one)

Last edited by thomass; 10-15-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #41
thomass
Wizard

Duokan team will open an English site for Duokan in the following days:
Quote:
We had the English site plan from 2 weeks before. We could collect some feedback from another side of the earth. And the discussion on DK software will be centralized. The FAQ/help can be found easier. It may take one more week to get it online.

Thanks,
DuoKan Dev team
(quoted from an email)
Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #42
oivavoi
Enthusiast
oivavoi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
I emailed the Duokan guys with a few questions and they answered me real quick. Maybe it's useful to you.

Questions from me:
"1) Will you release a version for the Kindle 4/Touch?
2) Is there a chance you will develop a browser as a part of the package - that will be able to download all kinds of files? (pdf, epub, etc).
3) Are you working on support for non-english latin script in epubs - such as german, scandinavian etc?

Keep up your good work!"

Answers from Duokan:

"Hello,
Just quick answers:

1.We are trying to find out a way on jailbreaking, package installation, and platform issue. So K4 support is in plan but not soon.

2. No such plan.

3.We are working on software which support most of the popular language. Some of work items are getting low priority because of limited resource. We could do some balance in latter development.

Thanks"
oivavoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #43
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Thanks for the effort on translation.

I just added them into the source depot. You can get 2 more languages -Spanish and Portuguese in next realease.

DK Lite leverage some Open Source projects. We could give something back. But the team is quiet busy on building the product. It can be in plan, but no actions now.

We will build an English site for global users. Sorry for those who can not read English. Appreciate on help translating if that happens.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:17 AM   #44
anxobaltar
Enthusiast

I'm so glad you have decided to create a channel of communication for which we use DKLite and unfortunately we do not know Chinese.

The Kindle is a great reader and DKLite (and before Old DK) much improved firmware weaknesses of the original.

But...Meanwhile Thomass remains our man in China
Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #45
w_nightshade
w_nightshade began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
OK, this is odd... I installed Duokan Lite on my Kindle and it works, but I cannot see ANY of my MOBI content - only my PDFs. What did I do wrong?

Duokan Lite v. 1014.1225 (from link on first post)
Kindle firmware 3.2.1
w_nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf