Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Daniel0312
Daniel0312 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tweak ePub

Hi, thanks for a great software.
I've been using it for some time and just recently discovered the "Tweak ePub" function.
I have a problem with some books (quite a lot of them actually). After "exploding ePub" if I want to "Preview ePub" I get an error message:

calibre, version 0.8.7
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 87] Paramètre incorrect

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\epub\input.py", line 139, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1086, in extractall
WindowsError: [Error 87] Paramètre incorrect

I had the exact same probem with previous (0.8.6) version.
Is this a known problem or is it just me??

Daniel
Daniel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel0312 View Post
Hi, thanks for a great software.
I've been using it for some time and just recently discovered the "Tweak ePub" function.
I have a problem with some books (quite a lot of them actually). After "exploding ePub" if I want to "Preview ePub" I get an error message:

calibre, version 0.8.7
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 87] Paramètre incorrect

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\epub\input.py", line 139, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1086, in extractall
WindowsError: [Error 87] Paramètre incorrect

I had the exact same probem with previous (0.8.6) version.
Is this a known problem or is it just me??

Daniel
Works on XP USA English (noticed non-english error msg).
Calibre-viewer is launched with book showing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error typically happens if your epub contains files with non ascii filenames and the encoding for the filenames is not specified. In that case calibre tries to guess the encoding and doesn't always succeed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Daniel0312

First, thank you for your very fast answer.

My system is indeed a French windows xp sp3... that's for the "non-english error message".
I thought maybe it was a language problem so I reverted the interface to English but I guess it's only that, the interface language.
However, all the books I'm trying to tweak are English language and I can't see any non-ascii filename. Opening the original ePub in the viewer works fine.
The problem only seems to happen with books that when "exploded" show a folder structure with 2 folders, META-INF and OEBPS.
Any further idea?

Daniel

I've just tried under Win7 and.... it works, just as it works on another XP install.
I guess it's a problem with my main PC.
Thanks for you help.

Last edited by Daniel0312; 06-25-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can't say more without looking at the file in question. Can you open a ticket and attach one of these files.
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
Daniel0312

Hi

I've finally found the reason for this problem... I'm happy to say Calibre works perfectly fine and sorry I bothered you.
I'm using a ramdrive as temp folder... it was FAT32 formatted and I suppose I was reaching some limitation with the path length. Once NTFS formatted, the problem disappeared.
Thanks again for your time and keep on the good work.

Daniel
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad to hear it