Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Kindle 1 and audio books?

It's almost certainly been covered but my mind is a muddle (I just got a very longed for job and will be moving). Can we handle any audio book? Does it come by Whisper Net? Do I need to load it on my PC and then my Kindle?

Should I just take a deep breath and have a glass of wine?

Will you come pack my stuff?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
It's almost certainly been covered but my mind is a muddle (I just got a very longed for job and will be moving). Can we handle any audio book? Does it come by Whisper Net? Do I need to load it on my PC and then my Kindle?

Should I just take a deep breath and have a glass of wine?

Will you come pack my stuff?
Krisk, this is from your Kindle users guide downloaded on your Kindle

8.4 Audiobooks and Music
There are two types of materials you can listen to on Kindle. You can purchase, transfer, and play
audiobooks from Audible.com, and you can transfer MP3 files to Kindle to play as background music
while you read.
Audiobooks from Audible.com
Kindle supports the thousands of audiobooks available through Audible.com. You can purchase and
download one or more of these books through your Windows-based computer using AudibleManager
software supplied by Audible or iTunes on your Macintosh. You can then transfer these books to your
Kindle over USB or using an SD memory card, and listen to them on your Kindle.
Audiobook Formats for Kindle
Audible offers four versions of its audiobook format. Kindle is compatible with formats 2, 3, and 4.
Format 1 and audiobooks provided from other sources are not supported.
Activation, Purchase, Download, and Transfer
You must have access to a Windows-based computer running the latest AudibleManager to activate
your Kindle. To activate for use with Audible content, follow these steps. :
Using a Windows-based computer, go to Audible.com at
http://www.audible.com/kindle.
2. If you are not already an Audible customer, follow the prompts to create your Audible account.
3. Download and install the latest AudibleManager software.
4. Launch AudibleManager and connect your Kindle.
Activate your Kindle using the Activate... command under Devices in AudibleManager. This
will authorize your Kindle to play the audiobooks you purchase at Audible.com.
Tip: If you are a Macintosh user, you need to connect your Kindle to a Windows-based computer
running AudibleManager to authorize your Kindle. You may be able to authorize your Kindle running
AudibleManager on Windows on your Macintosh if you have your Macintosh configured to run
Windows. Once authorized with your Audible credentials, you can then use Audible files downloaded
through AudibleManager under Windows or iTunes by copying them to your Kindle.
Once you have activated your Kindle, you can purchase and transfer files using the AudibleManager
software. If you are a Macintosh user, you will need to copy Audible content in your iTunes library........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Thank you!Told you I was a muddle!

*points to mess* wanna come pack?
Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The Kindle has a very nice audiobook player interface. You can also use it to play podcasts and other MP3 format audiobooks. (Music, too, for that matter.)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Thank you!Told you I was a muddle!

*points to mess* wanna come pack?
uh..........really, I'd love to, but........I gotta wash my..........cat. Yeah, thats it! I gotta wash my cat!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #6
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
uh..........really, I'd love to, but........I gotta wash my..........cat. Yeah, thats it! I gotta wash my cat!
LOL - good luck with that. I still have scars from a cat washing many years ago.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
babygator
babygator began at the beginning.

Device: none
i think that the kindle is a great ereader and highly recommend it. just go to amazon and watch the demo video
babygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
krisk
Wizard

I forgot I had left this post laying about! I decided I would take some of the non-keeper pbooks to a local used bookstore where I have a bunch of credit and buy used audio books. No sense filling up the kindle with them. They are for the drive anyway.

19 days and counting!