Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #76
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i just hate when a character i fall in love with goes and gets their head cut off. i know it'll be good and i'll continue watching just wasn't expecting it. well i sorta was, i had several people tell me oh you have to watch ep 9 the ending is crazy so already they spoiled it for me and it wasn't as much of a shock when the scene started to unfold ... somehow though i still hoped for someone to come in and swoop him away and save him but nah that didn't happen. i haven't read the books, i probably won't anytime soon as i have so many other things to read so the show will have to do. it's been a decent ride so far, a fantasy soap opera i like to call it.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #77
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i just hate when a character i fall in love with goes and gets their head cut off. i know it'll be good and i'll continue watching just wasn't expecting it. well i sorta was, i had several people tell me oh you have to watch ep 9 the ending is crazy so already they spoiled it for me and it wasn't as much of a shock when the scene started to unfold ... somehow though i still hoped for someone to come in and swoop him away and save him but nah that didn't happen. i haven't read the books, i probably won't anytime soon as i have so many other things to read so the show will have to do. it's been a decent ride so far, a fantasy soap opera i like to call it.
My husband said the same thing. I've read all the books so far so I knew what to expect. There will be other characters added that people will fall in love with.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #78
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
one of the amazing and riveting things about Martin's writing and this series in particular is that he does not hesitate to tear your guts out
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #79
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
one of the amazing and riveting things about Martin's writing and this series in particular is that he does not hesitate to tear your guts out
haha thanks for the heads up, one episode too late.
it's all good though, that's probably why his books are highly regarded and turned into a tv series.

the other part that's kinda sad is that there is only one episode left for season 1
Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #80
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Indeed. One reason this series from Martin is so generally well received is that he doesn't pull any punches with his characters. Like real life, people die and not necessarily the evil folks.

A Song of Ice and Fire is much larger than any single character. Read the books, watch the series...grow attached to your faves. And hope they make it out in the end...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #81
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I know! That's one of the main things I've always said about him -- that unlike other authors, he never minds killing off a main character. Or just maiming them.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #82
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
The series loosely follows the War of the Roses in medieval England. Watching it reminded me where the Magna Charta came from and why it’s important. And I know for certain I wouldn't have liked living the "good old days."
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #83
siraks
use the force

i have yet to watch the last ep but i found this on ign this morning lol.
i can picture running in a side scroller or top down a la zelda hacking and slashing my way around

Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #84
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
it was pretty terrific!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #85
siraks
use the force

Quote:
it was pretty terrific!
the 8 bit song or the last episode?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #86
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
All in all as a fan of the books I think they did a great job on this series. Can't wait to see the 2nd season in the spring of 2012.

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #87
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
the 8 bit song or the last episode?
the last episode. the Dragons were GREAT!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #88
siraks
use the force

Quote:
the last episode. the Dragons were GREAT!
argh. lol. i saw the pic and now my ending is ruined for ep 10 as well lol.
nah it's ok, i'm excited to see it...but it's soooo tiny.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #89
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
argh. lol. i saw the pic and now my ending is ruined for ep 10 as well lol.
nah it's ok, i'm excited to see it...but it's soooo tiny.
that's why this is the spoiler thread

Dragons grow
Old 06-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #90
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post

Book 2 is called "A Storm of Swords" - there ain't gonna be a lot of dead space to fill...

FWIW...
Book 2 is A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords is book 3, and A Feast for Crows is book 4.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote