Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
SimonKewin
SimonKewin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Guitar Heroes : An Urban Fantasy Short Story

A knockabout, urban fantasy short story. Screaming Machinery are a moderately successful power-trio from Manchester, playing gigs to rapturous local crowds. But none of their fans realise they are also mighty heroes, regularly saving the world with magic and sword.

They are called upon again when Manchester comes under dire threat. Eighteen murders take place, each a node in a vast rune drawn across the city in blood. Something very large and powerful is coming through and it’s up to Screaming Machinery to try and stop them ...

Now available at Smashwords and on the Kindle Store (US, UK).

Currently $1.36 for the Kindle, 99c via Smashwords. Kindle version has had some lovely reviews!

Many thanks.
SimonKewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Well....um....I'll check out some reviews....I play fingerstyle guitar, so it kind of peaked my interest.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
SimonKewin

jhempel24,

Thanks! I can't promise much help with your guitar playing in the story but hopefully it will give you a smile.

I strum an electric guitar in my spare time myself. Not terribly well though ...
Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
SimonKewin

Forgot to say! Guitar Heroes is currently free to download from Smashwords if you enter this coupon code :

VX25U

The coupon is good until December 7th, when the price reverts to 99c.

Tags
fantasy, short story, urban fantasy