Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #91
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Thank you, I got it. If someone wants to be next please send me a PM and it will be on its way shortly.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #92
Teleguy1955
Teleguy1955 doesn't litterTeleguy1955 doesn't litter

Device: Jetbook Lite
SF Webscription

PM sent. Thanks.
Teleguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #93
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleguy1955 View Post
PM sent. Thanks.
Got your message, just PM your email and I will send it on its way.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #94
Ginwen
Addict

Got the email. Got the books (thank you, Ajax, for getting this going), and Teleguy you should have a code.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #95
Teleguy1955
Teleguy1955 doesn't litterTeleguy1955 doesn't litter

Device: Jetbook Lite
I think I killed this

Thanks Ginwen. Got the code. Got the books but when the sent the code to pass on, it went to my work address which is a spam eating machine. It showed as spam and disappeared so I never got a code to pass on. Unless I can figure out a way to get them to re-send the code, I have killed this deal. So sorry guys. On a positive note, I think there has been another thread started for the February edition. Again, my apologies to all.
Teleguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #96
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Thanks Ginwen. Got the code. Got the books but when the sent the code to pass on, it went to my work address which is a spam eating machine. It showed as spam and disappeared so I never got a code to pass on. Unless I can figure out a way to get them to re-send the code, I have killed this deal. So sorry guys. On a positive note, I think there has been another thread started for the February edition. Again, my apologies to all.
When you enter the other persons email address at step 5 it sends the code directly to them and sends you a courtesy copy, they should still have the code.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #97
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
For those of you still watching this thread there is at thread for the February bundle waiting for the next in line:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166959
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #98
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Were you able to recover the code?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #99
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
If some/any one has recovered the code then I'd be interested in joining the queue.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #100
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Looks like Teleguy1955 hasn't been back since this post. I guess this one's dead...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #101
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-Yeah, it's too bad Teleguy1955 hasn't been on since April.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #102
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
-Yeah, it's too bad Teleguy1955 hasn't been on since April.
I just PM'd Teleguy1955 anyway and asked them to contact Baen Support to see if they will resend the code. I'll let you know if I get a response.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #103
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I just PM'd Teleguy1955 anyway and asked them to contact Baen Support to see if they will resend the code. I'll let you know if I get a response.

As interested as I would be in the code, I find the trend to contacting support worrying. It is well known on the deal sites to not bring undue attention to a deal that is very good. It is also not a good idea to have a good deal start to cost a company in support costs. Just hope that we are not pushing this a bit too far with this new trend.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #104
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
As interested as I would be in the code, I find the trend to contacting support worrying. It is well known on the deal sites to not bring undue attention to a deal that is very good. It is also not a good idea to have a good deal start to cost a company in support costs. Just hope that we are not pushing this a bit too far with this new trend.
Hmm, well these gift threads run on bar.baen.com too, so I think Baen knows about them. I've never participated on the bar, because I think it's more useful off of Baen sponsored sites. I'm not terribly worried.

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #105
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
Hmm, well these gift threads run on bar.baen.com too, so I think Baen knows about them. I've never participated on the bar, because I think it's more useful off of Baen sponsored sites. I'm not terribly worried.

Greg Weeks
I checked out the gift threads run on bar.baen.com. I checked about 20-30 of them. From what I saw, 95% of them only pass to 1 person, and then the thread ends (the 2nd person does not ask if anyone want them to pass it to a third)

I only saw 2 threads that passed to more than 1 person. (one went to 3rd person and ended, the other went to 3 and died cause the 4th person could not supply a valid e-mail)

Looks like we have it down to a science here, passing the bundles through 20-30 people.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote