Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
josephmwheeler
josephmwheeler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Audio Controls in ePub3

Is there a way to hide the audio controls in ePub3? That is to say, I would like to click on the word and hear the audio rather than the control button. I have looked high and low and tested more times than I want to remember.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
josephmwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephmwheeler View Post
Is there a way to hide the audio controls in ePub3? That is to say, I would like to click on the word and hear the audio rather than the control button. I have looked high and low and tested more times than I want to remember.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
the standard is silent on this issue. It is up to the reading application to design a user friendly interface. The standard only defines capabilities.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
josephmwheeler
josephmwheeler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Dale! I'm working on a JavaScript fix at the moment. I'll post the results when/if I get them.
josephmwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote