Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
mmaimon
mmaimon began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Can't find the books on my reader

I'm using Calibre and PRS-505. I transfer books using Calibre to a memory card (Calibre has no problems detecting both the reader and the card), I can see the books while the reader is connected to my PC but when trying to reader it on the reader after disconnecting it - the books simply do not appear!!
Please help.
mmaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
We'll help, but we need more information ...

Firstly, what is the books format ? Are you sure they are supported by the PRS-505 ?

Cheers,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
mmaimon
mmaimon began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
converted pdf books

hi,
the books are in lrf or epub format,
they were converted from pdf.
mmaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #4
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Sorry but I can't see what's happening here... maybe a conversion problem, from the PDF files ? Were these files text PDF or scanned images (i.e. could you select the text in the PDF files by using Adobe Reader's selection tool ?)
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Is it happening for both LRF and EPUB? It sounds like you have an older firmware version on the reader. EPUB support was added fairly recently and without a newer firmware EPUB files won't show on the device.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
Gothma
Gothma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I'm having exactly the same issue. Books transfer ok to the SD card and you can see them on the card via the PC. Sony Reader however does not list any of the books on the SD Card. Card is formatted as Dos Fat 32
Gothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
jcf
Enthusiast
jcf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Sage
This happened to me too but with ADE and some books I borrowed from the library. It used to work and then suddenly, it stopped working.

I was able to make it work by doing the following:

- Shut down the 505 (settings->advanced setting->device shutdown).
- Start 505 after a few minutes.
- Start ADE. When I look at ADE again, it showed the books as 'missing'.
- I deleted the 'missing' books from ADE, then reloaded them again.
- Shutdown ADE.
- WAIT A FEW MINUTES before disconnecting the USB cable

After this, the books are there.

HTH,
-jcf
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Are an of the books has a non English file name? I have the problem with Calibre xfered book with unicode file name. They will show up in Calibre and in File Explorer but not on the Sony reader. Some of the book will show up again if you put a English ASCII character in front of the file name i.e. ppp.<unicodename>.lrf. make sure you put a "dot" between the English prefix and the unicode name.

Basically I stp using Calibre because of this.
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote