Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Wishing all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope that you all have a wonderful time.
What a lovely thing to say!

As an added bonus here, was able to 'mend a fence' with a family member.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We are having our dinner on Saturday. Turkey, taters, the works.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My wife and I spent the day with her parents (my parents passed on many, many years ago.) I am thankful that she shares them with me and that they are here. We are truly a family. For that I am very thankful.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #19
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday. Even though I'm not an american I'm impressed by it. I love the concept, the fact that it's not tied to any religion, that it's reminding us that no matter how much we have, what our current station in life, we have a lot to be thankful for. And of course The Turkey and The Pumpkin Pie (though in case of emergency I can make do with an apple pie).

Everybody in the world need to celebrate Thanksgiving!
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
(groan) Portion control. What happened to portion control? (groan)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Portion control sounds like a good idea. I was beginning to overdose on the next generation. We sent them away with 5 decks of cards and told them to have a good time before they came home.

A report on the food:
* Roast turkey
* Mashed potatoes
* Giblet gravy
* Cornbread dressing/stuffing (from a mix)
* Green bean casserole
* Broccoli
* Dinner rolls
* Green salad
* Pecan pie
* Pumpkin pie
* Cherry pie
* Pumpkin cheesecake

Yes, we also overdid it with the pies.

Today we're making Turkey Carcass Soup. That's another family tradition.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MMMMMMM, Leftovers!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm available to help out with leftover pie. preferably pumpkin. i'm pretty sure i'll love pumpkin cheesecake too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
jennduffer
jennduffer began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
I opted for Lemonade Pie this year. While my husband likes my pumpkin pies, they are awfully heavy after a huge meal. The lemonade pie was clean and refreshing. A little different given Thanksgiving traditions, but it was quite good nonetheless.
jennduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since we deviated from the traditional turkey day dinner, we didnt' have leftovers.

I feel so bad about that, I'm in the process of making a huge batch of mashed potatoes, and dressing. Add the ham I cooked yesterday, and its still eat eat eat for the next three days......
Old 11-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennduffer View Post
I opted for Lemonade Pie this year. While my husband likes my pumpkin pies, they are awfully heavy after a huge meal. The lemonade pie was clean and refreshing. A little different given Thanksgiving traditions, but it was quite good nonetheless.
And welcome to the lounge, jennduffer!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Lemonade Pie?

It sounds yummy.....care to post a recipe?
Old 11-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #28
jennduffer
jennduffer began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
Lemonade Pie

1 graham cracker crust
8 oz. container of Cool-Whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I think it was 14.5 oz, but I'm not 100% sure)
6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate (I took a regular size can and just used half of it)

Mix the Cool-Whip, condensed milk, and lemonade together. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Freeze until set. I would suggest freezing for a minimum of 3 hours. Although mine finally set up correctly today.

Enjoy!
jennduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #29
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Lemonade Pie

1 graham cracker crust
6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate (I took a regular size can and just used half of it)

Mix the Cool-Whip, condensed milk, and lemonade together. Pour into the graham cracker crust. Freeze until set. I would suggest freezing for a minimum of 3 hours. Although mine finally set up correctly today.

Enjoy!
sounds yummy......thanks!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Loads of stuff; but clouds are near the top of my list.
I love living on a planet with an ever changing cloudscape - they never cease to amaze me, and I can't imagine ever tiring of them.
Brilliant a fellow afficionado

Quote:
Lemonade Pie

1 graham cracker crust

Enjoy!
what a dreadful thing to do to poor old graham ( )

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating .... I trust the harvests were very bountiful this year ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote