Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
comnread66
comnread66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Smile Two Kindles on account

Hi Kindle users,
I have two kindles registered on one count, but I'm trying to do is this: I read horror books and my mother does not, so how do I get the Kindle from not sending my book horror over to her Kindle, every time I order a book for myself it goes to her Kindle and and I just wanted to go in mine not hers. She is using the older model of Kindle fire and has trouble deleting my books that go on hers. I can't make a separate account because she's not computer savvy and I have to download her books for her.. I hope I can do this without having to have a separate account.I hope I wrote this out clearly enough.

Thanks
comnread66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The book will go to whichever Kindle you select in the pull-down list, assuming that you are ordering from the PC. If you choose your Kindle, it will just download to your Kindle. It will, however, show up in the Archives of her Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle books only go to the one device you decide they should go to when you make a purchase. So with two Kindle's you'd pick Kindle 1 or Kindle 2 (or whatever they're named) when making your purchase. Only that Kindle is going to have the book file sent to it. The books will show up in the archive/cloud list for both devices, but not be downloaded.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
When you purchase an ebook on Amazon, you get to choose which Kindle it goes to. If it is ending up on your mother's Kindle, you are either sending it to the wrong Kindle, or she is downloading it herself.

Perhaps you were actually referring to the Kindle's archive? There is nothing that will prevent all titles from appearing in both Kindles' archives.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
comnread66

okay when it asked me what Kindle to download the book to I choose mine but when I do this it goes to mine and also goes to hers and she sees it on her bookshelf when she opens up her Kindle, she shouldn't be seeing it show up on her bookshelf then I just downloaded it to my Kindle?
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by comnread66 View Post
when she opens up her Kindle, she shouldn't be seeing it show up on her bookshelf then I just downloaded it to my Kindle?
She'll see it in archive/cloud view as that shows all books on the account, but it shouldn't actually download to the device so it shouldn't show in 'on device' view.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
comnread66

thank you all for your help, I'm going to have to take a look at her Kindle and see if she's pressing something she shouldn't be or something she's not doing right, she doesn't like me to touch her Kindle though ;-)
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
Or, you could just put her Kindle on her own account.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #9
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Kindle for Android App shows a carousel with new purchases showing up in front. The only differentiation between what's in the cloud and what's on the device is a little check on the bottom corner.

To avoid this, I have to tap the menu and choose 'On Device'. Once there, if I exit, it will return here the next time I open the app. If I back out, it will go back to the carousel before exiting.

Her Fire may work similarly.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have questions about the Kindle Fire, you'll get more help asking in the Fire subforum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
The Kindle Fire does have 2 views "On Device" and "Cloud". I would bet that her Fire is set for "Cloud" view. You just have to switch it to "On Device" view. There should be a button on the screen where the bookshelves are shown.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote