Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
ChrnoXIII
ChrnoXIII began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-T2
update battery problem

sigh... dilemma... i am probaby being too chicken but i am scared to update my new prs-t2 reader. what is up with sony's stupid battery calibration... sigh...

my old prs-t1 developed problems (battery drain, not charging properly etc) after i flashed it without charging battery to full which required me to send to sony for repair...

and now i find out i cant root or enable adb on prs-t2 to reset the battery..

> < what should i do... i have this fear that even tho my e reader says 100%... its not actually at 100% and then everytime i flash it my battery level is go down every time haha...
ChrnoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I only can tell you I rooted it, I calibrate it and I haven't detected any issue related with battery drain or calibration....
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
With everything Sony device it's always a good idea to have it fully charged and then update, Basicly if you have a full charge it should be fine.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
With everything Sony device it's always a good idea to have it fully charged and then update, Basicly if you have a full charge it should be fine.
why?
(really do not know, thought something related to not brick the device with an unexpected shutdown, in the time was starting the system when unplugged)
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
why?
(really do not know, thought something related to not brick the device with an unexpected shutdown, in the time was starting the system when unplugged)
Well the PSP was famous for bricking itself if you didn't something about needing the full power to write to the nand I think but with the T1 it's because they replace that batterystats.bin file with one that says 100% charged even if it isn't.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Well the PSP was famous for bricking itself if you didn't something about needing the full power to write to the nand I think but with the T1 it's because they replace that batterystats.bin file with one that says 100% charged even if it isn't.
thank you very much for your reply
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote