Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Video Poker on the Kobo ???

A friend of mine carried my Kobo into a meeting for me...I don't know what buttons she pressed, but I have a screen displaying 'Video Poker' which is 'For Entertainment Purposes Only'

I've taken a photo of the screen, if anyone wants to see it. I've no idea what button combinations get to this...have fun trying...
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Yup send it
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Video Poker on the Kobo ??? (pic attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Yup send it
Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poker.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	764.9 KB
ID:	51261  
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
dbartlett
dbartlett began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
To access this Easter Egg go to the help in the menu and when that opens go back to the menu and click help again. Then you can play video poker on your KOBO!
dbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Ah nice one...
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbartlett View Post
To access this Easter Egg go to the help in the menu and when that opens go back to the menu and click help again. Then you can play video poker on your KOBO!
Hmm. What else do you know that you're not telling us??
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Cool. I think I read in a Borders press release somewhere that there'd be apps for the Kobo...
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
Bluebizzer
Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo
Neat, never would have thought to look for easter eggs on the Kobo.
Bluebizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:58 AM   #9
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
HA HA!

I'm going down to chapters and putting all the demo models in POKER MODE!! That should baffle a few people.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
LeoM
LeoM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Hmm. What else do you know that you're not telling us??
It also works if you are on "Home" and you click menu and then click rapidly on the help button 3 times in a row. For that matter I believe it works the same if you click rapidly on the "about" option 3 times as well.
LeoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
baker
baker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi, itouch 4th gen, Sony S tab
I was at indigo today and showed the employee attending the display how to get to the poker ap. I was speaking to someone and had left one the of the demos with the poker display left on. An older lady came along to look at the Kobos and happened to pick up the one I had left with poker display on. I wish I had a camera to capture her shocked expression.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
You can also:
Press the Home button.
Scroll to highlight Help.
Press the centre of the blue D-pad button.
Press the Home button.
Scroll to highlight Help.
Press the centre of the blue D-pad button.
Presto. Video poker.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #13
George.
George. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am about to purchase a kobo, anything else I should know?
Ps. Knowing there is poker on kobo, makes me want to buy it even more
George. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #14
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker View Post
I was at indigo today and showed the employee attending the display how to get to the poker ap. I was speaking to someone and had left one the of the demos with the poker display left on. An older lady came along to look at the Kobos and happened to pick up the one I had left with poker display on. I wish I had a camera to capture her shocked expression.
gee thanks baker.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I am about to purchase a kobo, anything else I should know?

Do not get an SDHC card - just SD - for storing up to 4GB of .pdf documents! Something I *really* like about the kobo is that SD card slot!

Clint Bradford
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote