Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Opening Calibre

Hi all,

please can somebody help me! I have spent the best part of four hours desperatly trying to find a way to convert LIT files to PDF, [I]without[I] the order of the document becoming completely jumbled in the process.

I have been told Calibre is good for this (I have tried novaPDF, ConvertLIT and ABC Amber LIT Converter this evening, all with no success), but I am unable to open Calibre for some reason. Everytime I try, I get this message:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
Bad magic number in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Lib\site-packages\calibre\utils\localization.pyo (Error code: 1)

Can somebody PLEASE help? Regardless of whether I can get Calibre working or not, what I really need is a quick, simple, noob-proof program that can easily and effectively convert LIT files to PDF or TXT files, so my Sony Reader can handle them. I'll be forever grateful. If this helps, I'm using Vista Home.

Thanks
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
goblinbox
*****istratrix
goblinbox began at the beginning.

Device: K2, iThing
Bad magic number error indicates the system is mostly likely having trouble accessing VTOC (Volumne Table of Contents) This just indicates that the partition is in a strange state.
goblinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert