Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Wow, those are some beautiful covers. I totally want the purple butterfly one.

http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindle.php
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
True, I do love my Oberon Designs cover.
I'd love to see some, but their Kindle page refuses to load for me now for 2 days...
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
The overall design is a big improvement to my eyes. I'm one of those complainers, whining about the 1st generation box. I'll have to play with one to see about the page flip button change, changing the pivot, but it sounds like the right solution.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
with the Kindle II being so thin my better half will be able to slide it under the door easily when Im locked in the dog house

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
I don't know.... I have never really listened...
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
I'd love to see some, but their Kindle page refuses to load for me now for 2 days...
http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindle.php

This refuses to load?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yes!

Well, it is VERY slow. And most people on the internet feel if a page hasn't loaded in 10 seconds it is broken.

I think oberon is getting buried. Good for them I guess.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes!

Well, it is VERY slow. And most people on the internet feel if a page hasn't loaded in 10 seconds it is broken.

I think oberon is getting buried. Good for them I guess.

BOb

I think it may be your browser.......I clicked on it and it loaded immediately.

I'm on cable modem and running firefox.....can't think of anything else that different.....
Old 02-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

DISREGARD PB...

when I stayed at the site I saw your problem......my mistake.
They are horrendously slow, and its not worth the bother!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
BOb
VERY slow for me, also from Tampa. Ugly traceroute!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
VERY slow for me, also from Tampa. Ugly traceroute!
They recently upgraded something on their website, and it has caused a mess. Very slow to load if it ever does. Hopefully they can revert to their previous version. Usually their site is nice and fast. I'm sure they are inundated with email about the slowness. (I emailed them and let them know.)

Last edited by MonaLS; 02-11-2009 at 10:41 PM.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I clicked on the site link and it loaded fine until I went to the link to see more Kindle covers and all I got after a long wait was a blank page in Firefox.

I found the following when I went to have a look at what they have for the K2 to be rather interesting should it actually be more then just a rumor.

Quote:
We have contacted Amazon to see if there is any way, as a manufacturer, we can get our hands on the new version, so that we can start designing a cover. If you are interested in Oberon covers for a Kindle and you have an order already with Amazon, we recommend that you wait until you see which model you receive. We've also heard that they may keep producing the original model in case the new Kindle isn't well received. Rumors, rumors, rumors! Thanks for your patience.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
I like my current Kindle, gives me some thickness to hang onto. I'm not sure how I would like a really thin device for hours of reading.
What you could try (for now) is go to a shop that has the Sony 505 and see how that feels since it is thinner then the K1. That's currently the only thing I can think of other then waiting for someone nearby to get a K2 and hope you can have a go with it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #28
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
when I stayed at the site I saw your problem......my mistake.
They are horrendously slow, and its not worth the bother!
Exactly - I can get the general Kindle covers page to load, but when I click the further link to look at all the designs, no matter how long I leave it alone to try to load, it fails.

Mostly it's curiosity, as I'm pretty sure the M-Edge fits my lifestyle better, especially with the light pocket, and due to the fact I'm going to be traveling with it, but from what I've seen, the Oberons are gorgeous.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #29
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
The slowness is to any page other than the main one, so there is some sort of serious site issue occurring. Hope they get it fixed soon, I need to shop for the boyfriend's birthday.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

emailed oberon

And got this response.........

"Dear Donna, last week we upgraded our Digi shop shopping cart software. Ever since then we've been experiencing problems. We don't know if the software has a memory leak or whether the Digi shop folks are failing to disclose that in order to use their upgrade you need more ram, etc. We're working on the problem as hard as we can and if we can't solve it today we're going to retreat back to the previous version of our software. Sorry for the frustration. I hope it will be fixed before the weekend!! Our apologies!"

so, hang in there, those of you who want to see their covers......