Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #736
rainrdx
Connoisseur
rainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post
Right now I can plug my unit into my PC and it is recognized as a drive. I've copied files onto it. I can annotate them. But they only exist on the device (virtual drive). I'd like to have that syncronize in some way with those files on my PC. There is a feature called "network drive" and "file syncing" on the device...but I have been unable to get it to work.

Any advice would be helpful.

I've gotten to the point where the device tells me that there's a problem with my site's security certificate (not a warning, a refusal to connect).
For the moment, I copy the file from the unit back to overwrite the original on my PC. Manually, but works OK. Insofar as I know, it seems that there is no working wireless sync solution.
rainrdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #737
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrdx View Post
For the moment, I copy the file from the unit back to overwrite the original on my PC. Manually, but works OK. Insofar as I know, it seems that there is no working wireless sync solution.
But...there's a "sync" button. And the User Guide (p 44) has a section on "Synchronizing the Digital Paper Device with the Network Drive". Which in turn has a sentence that says "Whenever you synchronize again, any editing to documents in the Digital Paper device will be reflected in the respective file in the network device".

That sounds like what I want to do. Are you saying there is no one who is known to have gotten that working?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #738
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Good news for anyone who, like me, is fixated on that tough and light Mobius screen: "$574 Pocketbook CAD Reader Delayed Until Next Year, Will Have a 13.3″ Mobius E-ink Screen"

http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...9#.U6CuJ3NBvqA)

Sounds like Sony is about to get some competition, hopefully forcing it to stop the silliness.

Last edited by Jmirko; 06-17-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #739
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Kindle. It's only for the Kindle 4 though.

Kobo. This one works on the Kobo Glo and Mini. It should be possible on the other recent Kobo devices as well.

The major problem with both the Kindle's and Kobo's USB keyboard hack is that it's not easy to set up and actually use.
Thanks for links. Looks messy.

Edit: More than messy. It's horrendous. Way beyond the abilities of even many advanced users.

Last edited by Rizla; 06-19-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #740
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Good news for anyone who, like me, is fixated on that tough and light Mobius screen: "$574 Pocketbook CAD Reader Delayed Until Next Year, Will Have a 13.3″ Mobius E-ink Screen"

http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...9#.U6CuJ3NBvqA)

Sounds like Sony is about to get some competition, hopefully forcing it to stop the silliness.
i hope that sony gets the message. they did provide an update to the original prs-500 so that it works with epubs and making the device work like a usb drive once you plug it in (so that you don't need the software to transfer books). here's to hoping that the lesson stuck.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #741
joedoe
joedoe began at the beginning.

Device: sony dpt-s1
Quote:
But...there's a "sync" button. And the User Guide (p 44) has a section on "Synchronizing the Digital Paper Device with the Network Drive". Which in turn has a sentence that says "Whenever you synchronize again, any editing to documents in the Digital Paper device will be reflected in the respective file in the network device".

That sounds like what I want to do. Are you saying there is no one who is known to have gotten that working?
you need to set up the network drive first in page 43 of the user guide, your network drive needs to support WEBDAV protocol, after that, you shall be able to sync with the network folder, if you want to overwrite the one in your network, i think you need to click the "send" button.

Last edited by joedoe; 06-18-2014 at 11:13 PM.
joedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #742
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe View Post
you need to set up the network drive first in page 43 of the user guide, your network drive needs to support WEBDAV protocol, after that, you shall be able to sync with the network folder, if you want to overwrite the one in your network, i think you need to click the "send" button.
Hi Joedoe, That's what I'm talking about. I'm confused on page 43. I am using windows 7. I think I've used IIS to set up a default web page correctly, and to create a self-signed security certificate...but when I click the sync button, the dpts1 throws an error that there's a problem with the security certificate.

I'm a pretty savvy user in general...but networking things baffle me. Does anyone have experience and can help??
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #743
rainrdx
Connoisseur
rainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad
Quote:

Sorry apparently I didn't even read the user manual...Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe View Post
Ahh thanks!
rainrdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #744
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
DPT-S1 has 1GB RAM

Last edited by Yokowa; 07-17-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #745
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokowa View Post
DPT-S1 has 1GB RAM
Have you experienced any sudden crashes like this member ?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241437

Last edited by markom; 07-17-2014 at 07:58 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #746
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
Doesn't sound very promising.

Have you experienced any sudden crashes like this member ?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241437
Not crashes, but it freezes up several times when web browsing.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #747
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
I was on shopereaders.com and I noticed that they had the sony for $1500.
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #748
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan.grewal View Post
Looks like they're finally lowering the price to something reasonable. No, wait...
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #749
sbl
sbl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan.grewal View Post
Does anyone know the dpt-s1 on shopereaders.com has English or Japanese menu? It seems very difficult to buy a dpt-s1 having English menu.
sbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #750
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
Good ereader has just posted a rave review here http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...l-paper-review

Hopefully the Dpt-s1 will be available in the EU soon
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote