Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
uofabigd
uofabigd began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1BC
Page Turn button issue

Hello all, new to the forum although I have been lurking around recently. I finally decided to get the PRS-T1 and I have noticed a few quirks but mainly one major issue that I am having with mine When I use the page forward button, occasionally it will flip two pages instead of one. I contacted Sony about this and they unfortunately were not helpful in telling me if it was a hardware or software problem. It happens about every 5-10 pages if using the button, but I have not had any issues when using the touch screen. Another issue I have with it is that the contrast of text sometimes is uneven. Occasionally it appears part of the text just didn't refresh as dark as the rest of the page. I'm thinking of exchanging it as defective, but wanted to determine if these are software or hardware issues, as I may just return it and consider other options. Thanks for your help!
uofabigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
i, Podius
Enthusiast
i, Podius has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.i, Podius has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.i, Podius has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Dell Axim x51v, Bookeen CyBook Gen 3, Sony PRS-T1
I think I've had this happen to me once or twice - certainly not every 5-10 pages, though.
I've also had an issue with my reader spontaneously turning pages on me. I'm planning on taking mine back for a replacement, but I'm afraid I have no idea if it's a hardware or software problem, sorry...
i, Podius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
ronnn
ronnn began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505
I had the problem with the backward button.
Each time I used it, i jumped 3 or 4 pages back (instead of one).
No problem with the touchscreen (which i don't really use to flip pages)

I returned it as defective.
The one I have now is OK.

What i would like to know is the firmware version of your reader.
I updated the first reader to the latest firware version.
As I don't have any problem with the new one, I'm staying with the 1.0.00.09270 version
ronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
uofabigd
uofabigd began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1BC
My device has firmware version 1.0.00.09010.
uofabigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I get this problem every now and then (it happened on my 650 before this one). When it starts to do this, I turn the reader off, take a microfiber dust cloth and wipe down the screen. Then I take some canned air and blast the corners of the screen to make sure there is no dust. Then fire it back up and it doesn't do it any more.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have this problem with both buttons. Every few pages, they will turn 2 pages forth or back. I hope Sony will fix this. But maybe they won't. Everyone else is complaining about the touch screen page flipping bug (which my device also has).
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
I have this problem with both buttons. Every few pages, they will turn 2 pages forth or back. I hope Sony will fix this. But maybe they won't. Everyone else is complaining about the touch screen page flipping bug (which my device also has).
I almost never have this problem and I'm truning pages almost only with the buttons, not the touch screen. I think you could have defective buttons that have contacts rebound (hardware, not software fixable).
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote