Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
gudrun45
Enthusiast
gudrun45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
ADE - is it possible to delete books?

I'm totally new to all this, so please forgive me if this is a really stupid question.
I've downloaded a couple of book samples and they ended up in ADE. I don't care for them and would like to remove them from the ADE library. I can't seem to find how to do that.
I removed the files from the computer, desktop as well as Documents/Digital Editions. Still they show up in the ADE library.

Thanks,
Gudrun
gudrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Try this:

1. Open ADE, find the first book you want to delete and highlight it by clicking on it ONCE. (Twice will try to open it.)
2. Click the little arrow to the left of the first letter of the title.
3. A short menu will open. Select Delete Item. Since you've already deleted the books from the folder, you might get an error message saying something like "Can't find this file; delete from list?" Click on OK or yes (it's been awhile; I've forgotten exactly what comes up) and it'll be deleted from the library!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
gudrun45
Enthusiast
gudrun45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Try this:
2. Click the little arrow to the left of the first letter of the title.
Thank you so much! I would have never found that on my own!

Gudrun
gudrun45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
You're welcome!

It's easy to overlook, or to think it's just indicating which book you selected. An application I support at work has the same triangle that also expands a menu, so iI was a little easier for me to find, but it's definitely no obvious.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote