Notices

Old 05-30-2016, 06:29 AM   #1
Mindful
Mindful began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro and Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Hello World!

Hi everyone,

I currently live in the SF Bay Area.

I have been using Calibre for several years, but more as a dumping spot for all my scanned physical books and ebooks. It has gotten to the point that the calibre library is a big mess and the last several days I have made it my goal to become more of a power user and to be able to actually take advantage of all its capabilities.

I have been referring to the calibre user manual, but I hope to ask thoughtful questions in the forum to help get myself and possibly others unstuck after hitting a brick wall. I hope to one day contribute back to this forum with my more advanced knowledge to neophytes like myself.
Mindful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
Mindful
Mindful began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro and Kindle Paperwhite
I know this is not the spot to ask questions, but I can't find the proper subforum on using the IRC channel. I was able to create a nickname and join the IRC channel, but I am unable to actually type anything even though I can see others type. Is the only way to actually type to sign up using an IRC app and joining the channel that way??

Thanks
Mindful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

Here's the calibre main forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

From there, you should be able to navigate your way to whichever sub-forum you may need.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
HI Mindful and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduce myself, power user