Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Searching for author or title of book

When I first installed Calibre and searched for a book, I typed it in and hit 'enter', and the book appeared.

But since installing the more recent updates the 'search' does not seem be as good.

I typed in 'Mark Twain' (the quickest way to find an author or title) and hit 'enter' but the search results seemed to come up with nothing; but I was sure I had a Mark Twain book, so I scrolled down and there were a few highlighted in green, some which had absolutely nothing to do with Mark Twain, and eventually I found two highlighted which were by Mark Twain.

Am I doing something wrong or is the way Calibre searches different now.

When I first started searching Calibre the results always popped up without any problems, but now results are all over the place.

Thanks
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Sounds like you have enabled search highlighting:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168508
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Thank you.
What is the reason for the other type of search?
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
Thank you.
What is the reason for the other type of search?
It is the same search, different way of displaying.

(I don't use that mode)
You might want to see where in a bigger,ordered list, those items fall.

Example: sort by Size
Now do your (highlight) search

You can see where the results fall among other books of similar sizes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Just click on the advanced search icon - right next to the search bar, and type in there instead.

Would be better if calibre could incorporate that search better into the main search space - ie There could be a simple check box on the column heading, and clicking it would mean the next search would be restricted to that.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert