Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #46
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Thanks Dreams! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #47
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Executive Lunch is up on Amazon for $1.99 for Kindlers!

Sedona is given the opportunity of a lifetime: play an up-and-coming executive with all the trappings of wealth with someone else footing the bill. The catch: find out who is stealing company funds before the criminals find out that their program is being debugged.

Sedona runs into danger, the corporate glass ceiling, and an occasional chance at romance in her quest to figure out who is stealing money from Strandfrost.

There's an Excerpt on my blog (but of course you can download a sample from Smashwords or from Amazon!)

Off to update my sig lines...
Old 11-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #48
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Someone tell me if my sig is now obnoxious. It's kinda big?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #49
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't think so. I've seen quite bigger ones
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #50
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I don't think so. I've seen quite bigger ones
Hah!

Thanks. I'll leave it for now. See how it goes. Took me a while of studying up to get the links/pix in there.

Thanks for the input!!!

Maria
Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #51
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

first review in for Executive Lunch

Whew. The first review for Executive Lunch has been posted at Amazon (and no, I wouldn't tell you if it were a bad review!!!)

Here is the text:

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickled my funny bone and I'm still laughing., November 18, 2009
By Old Granny "Granny" - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

Have you ever worked in an office where the layout "...ensured that everyone was equally deprived of a window office with the exception of the managers"? Then you'll feel right at home at Strandfrost, the realistically exaggerated corporation at the center of Maria E. Schneider's delightful new mystery, Executive Lunch (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery). Schneider brings the reader face to face, and sometimes fist to nose, with a cast of diverse and interesting characters. The action starts inside the corporate corridors and soon spins excitingly into other equally bizarre venues. Even while you're chuckling, you'll realize you care what happens to the heroine, self described "lab rat" Sedona O'Hala. Whether it's fast moving action or dealing with a brother who threatens to rat Sedona out to their parents, Schneider writes skillfully and retains her sense of humor. This is Schneider at her best - funny, insightful, and exciting.

I'm completely THRILLED (and indebted to one "old Granny!" for her kindness!)

Maria
Old 11-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #52
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've just had a little quiet time to start reading your new book, Executive Lunch, and it looks like it will be another great read.

Hopefully, I will get some time during the holiday to delve into the story a bit more. (For some strange reason family want to talk when they gather together)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #53
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I've just had a little quiet time to start reading your new book, Executive Lunch, and it looks like it will be another great read.

Hopefully, I will get some time during the holiday to delve into the story a bit more. (For some strange reason family want to talk when they gather together)
Isn't that *strange?* My family is that way too!!!! Never understood it, myself.

Hope you enjoy the book, and I really hope you enjoy your holidays and family time. I recommend a chocolate cream pie to keep everyone in a good mood!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #54
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I've updated the "blurb" for Catch an Honest Thief over on smashwords:

Quote:
Alexia wanted to improve the security of the crystals that power Haven City. Going undercover and stealing the crystals seemed like a great idea--until a real thief showed up. Bait and switch is suddenly cat and mouse--but who is the real thief? And why is the new security chief spending so much time looking into her background? Young adults may also enjoy this mystery with a romantic subplot.
We're only allowed 400 words, so it's difficult to decide on just what pithy, interesting sentence we will write...

I've also updated the cover slightly, and that update should show up in my signature in the next few days. These are minor updates brought to you by reader suggestions.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. If you're looking for ideas for using up leftover turkey, check my blog. I posted my favorite turkey salad wrap with caesar dressing recipe! I also highly recommend making an alfredo sauce. Goes really well with turkey, especially if you have smoked turkey...

(www.BearMountainBooks.com)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #55
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

The Aspiring Mangaka and Writers Club has posted an interview/article about "Sage: Tales from a Magical Kingdom."

http://amwc.wordpress.com/
Old 12-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #56
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
The Aspiring Mangaka and Writers Club has posted an interview/article about "Sage: Tales from a Magical Kingdom."

http://amwc.wordpress.com/
Nice, Maria. (I'm one of those that would like more stories -or a whole novel- about the people in Sage.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #57
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Thanks, Dream! Nice new avatar. Although I liked the old one too.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #58
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Don't worry; I won't put up a post every time I get a review--but this is my first foreign review, so I'm particularly tickled.

http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/ (It's down a bit on the page. Here's a direct link to the review if you don't want to see the other reviews on the page:

http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.c...h-maria-e.html )
Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #59
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Long ago and far away, I mentioned I'd had another short story accepted...well, the date got changed from August to Oct...to...? As happens in the world of publishing, sometimes editors disappear or don't update their site for long periods (especially true in the short story market). At any rate, I'm guessing that the story wont' be published after all since I have not heard from the editor in...oh, three months or so.

I've contacted the publisher to try and either free the story for publication elsewhere or...get a possible publication date. I just wanted to let people know since I tooted about the story.

In the meantime, I'm busy at work on the second in the Sedona series...

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #60
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

I know I said I wouldn't post every single review I get...It's possible I lied. Okay, I probably still won't post them all. But I really enjoyed this review by Working Girl Reviews for Executive Lunch:

http://workinggirlreviews.wordpress....a-e-schneider/

Let's face it--it's my first 4 slipper review! Woot!

Tags
cozy, fantasy, magic, mystery, short stories