Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
atp
atp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard 3G
Question Calibre's collections plugin didn't work

I have some 200 .mobi ebooks in 7 collections on my newish Kindle Keyboard and in calibre. Browsing a Kindle collection in supposedly author order, books are listed by forename, then surname. I want them ordered in the way one normally expects listings by names to be - ie Surname first, then forename. Calbre with the Collections plugin appeared to offer a way to do this.

So- followed plugin's instructions and imported the Kindle collections into a new calibre column, then copied author_sort to author column (option in Tags). Then selected a few records & a collection name from Custom Metadata and sent them to the Kindle.

But instead of appearing on the Kindle in the selected collection the selected books all appeared 'uncollectioned' on the Home page and had to be added one-by-one to the collection. Also, although actually now in surname order, names were shown as forename ,surname.

I also tried the Create collections on the Kindle from calbre. That looked fine on preview, but when run, just dumped all the books onto the Home page (30 odd pages!)

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong
atp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
And ensure "sort by collections" is selected on the kindle.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
atp

I did - though the KIndle didn't restart as I expected,when I exited the collections plug-in, and I had to do so from the kindle.

And can anyone explain why the Kindle display is forename+ surname, though the names are actually in surname order. I have both author & author_sort in Calibre as LN/FN order?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by atp View Post
And can anyone explain why the Kindle display is forename+ surname, though the names are actually in surname order. I have both author & author_sort in Calibre as LN/FN order?
That's just the way that the Kindle displays names.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
atp

>>And ensure "sort by collections" is selected on the kindle.<<
Thanks - Yes - that's my normal layout
Advert