Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #1111
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Well blast it. I paid $6.90 if I remember correctly. Now what? I guess it's off to customer support.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #1112
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'll be totally honest: I like the app so much, I'd be willing to pay much more than $7 for it. If the store I bought it from stopped selling/updating it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat from another. I use it for hours each and every day, after all.

Anyway ... hope you find a satisfactory solution.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #1113
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll be totally honest: I like the app so much, I'd be willing to pay much more than $7 for it. If the store I bought it from stopped selling/updating it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat from another. I use it for hours each and every day, after all.

Anyway ... hope you find a satisfactory solution.
Same here! It's well worth the money. I even subscribe to their cloud feature for $10 a year. It's totally worth it!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #1114
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just wish they sent some sort of a notice saying, we're not selling this app any more, or for Mantano to send an email notice; this caught me totally by surprise.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #1115
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I still like my older version best. I updated this weekend to the latest version and removed it after 2 hours again. Still a shame they destroyed a perfectly good app.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #1116
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Mine just updated and force closed the second I ran it on my phone, tried it a few more times and same thing long and short of it is I had to clear it's data and delete the root mantano folder manually (except for the fonts subfolder I kept).

Now I've imported my books again and so far seems to be working but of course lost all reading positions etc I might actually freeze this one from updating again.

Edit:

Just did the update on my Nexus 7 which I was more concerned about because that's where I do actually read mostly and I've a book I'm halfway through, update worked fine there with no problems so maybe was just a corrupt database or something on my phone which was an easy fix anyway.

Last edited by Teknikal; 10-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #1117
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always back up the old version before updating, in case I need to immediately revert.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #1118
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I always back up the old version before updating, in case I need to immediately revert.
Also backup the database file too before upgrading that way you can downgrade! Some versions of Mantano upgrade the database so you will need the old copy to downgrade. I've done this several times no problems. I just wish I didn't lost my themes each time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #1119
citac
Fanatic

I eventually caved and bought the bloody thing. I'm still annoyed, but I really do find it the best app for academic papers.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #1120
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Latest Updates and the Mantano Widget

The latest round of updates to Mantano appear to have broken its widget. I keep two or three Mantano widgets on the home screen of my Nexus 7 (original) to hold books that I am currently reading. With the latest updates, I am getting peculiar behavior.

For example, yesterday I added a widget for a magazine (pdf) and read few pages. Today, when I opened the magazine by tapping the widget, it started at the cover, not where I left off. However, when I brought up the full Mantano app, I noticed that the database now showed two copies of the magazine where previously there had been only one entry in the database. The older entry showed the correct current page, while the newer entry (apparently created when I tapped the widget, based on the time in the database) was at page one.

Similar events have occurred with books that were in widgets from a time before the recent 2.4.x updates. Deleting the widgets and re-adding them does not help. Apparently, the interaction between the widget and the database has changed for the worse in these recent updates.

UPDATE: I reported this problem to Mantano on 11/11 and received a reply on 11/12 that the problem will be corrected in the next update.

Last edited by RichieTheK; 11-12-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Received reply from Mantano support
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #1121
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've noticed a few issues myself. Nothing major (I don't use the widgets), but I may go back to v2.4.1 for a while.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #1122
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I had problems starting Mantano, yesterday, but a complete uninstall (including deleting the folders left behind) and fresh install from Play fixed it. This was the first time I felt the need to do this with Mantano.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #1123
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I agree something is broken in the latest version. I recently upgraded from v2.4.0. I usually access Mantano Premium via Calibre Companion and I noticed that I'm now getting a similar problem to the one RichieTheK describes, namely CC opening an already-in-progress book at page 1 followed by the appearance of a duplicated entry for the same book in Mantano's booklist, each showing different book progress.

I tried uninstall/re-install of Mantano Premium but it didn't solve anything. I've reverted to v2.4.0 and all is well again.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #1124
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I agree something is broken in the latest version. I recently upgraded from v2.4.0. I usually access Mantano Premium via Calibre Companion and I noticed that I'm now getting a similar problem to the one RichieTheK describes, namely CC opening an already-in-progress book at page 1 followed by the appearance of a duplicated entry for the same book in Mantano's booklist, each showing different book progress.

I tried uninstall/re-install of Mantano Premium but it didn't solve anything. I've reverted to v2.4.0 and all is well again.
I'm seeing exactly this issue when starting Mantano using a shortcut to a book. I finally just gave up using shortcuts and now just start Mantano without a shortcut and then open the book from Mantano's library.

While doing this, I am seeing a different problem that I think is the cause of the shortcut problem (where it creates a duplicate book entry in Mantano's library). Sometimes, Mantano opens with my library of books immediately visible as expected. Other times, it opens with no books visible at all. It sits there for maybe 5-10 secs before my books slowly start appearing and maybe another 5-10 secs before the whole library (about 250 books) is visible. It looks like Mantano is rebuilding the library from scratch. I am guessing that when this happens, if mantano started with a shortcut, it doesn't think the book is in its library (since it hasn't rebuilt it yet) so it re-imports the book and creates a new entry, which ends up being a duplicate when it finally rebuilds the library.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1125
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Interesting theory, Section8. If it's only opening a book indirectly which causes the problem, I wonder if Mantano will even consider this a problem which needs fixing at all?

BTW I experimented by removing all books from Mantano. When I opened one book, via CC, it added/imported it to the Mantano database and there was only one book in the Mantano database. The problem still occurred on reopening the book. So reducing the size of the Mantano library didn't improve anything.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote