Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Enso zenPad MID $155

Ok,

Who will be the first one to buy this Andriod based 5inch Mobile Internet Device and review it as an eBook reader?

It has a 5inch 800x480 touch screen. 1GB of internal memory and miniSD slot that it appears comes populated with an 8GB card.
  • Audio formats supported: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG
  • Video formats supported: MP4, AVI, WMV, DIVX
  • Up to 6 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music

I assume this thing will run Alkido.

The price seems to good to be true. $155 or $180 if you want the GPS enabled unit.

And it is supposed to be shipping now.

http://enso-now.com/n/index.php

BOb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad1.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	48562  

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Looks interesting. I'm rather curious in what they might have coming soon based their About Us page, "More products will be available in the immediate future, like a 7 and 10 inches e-ink, Android based, e-book reader, a MID running Android 2.0 with embedded 3G phone. And much more of course."

Anyone have much experience with reading software for Android? The video shows Aldiko - looked very nice. Unfortunately, it's only 3 hr battery life according to the video which is useless for an ereader.

I also like their philosophy.

- - - - - - -- -

What the heck. I just returned my OpenBook so I went for it. If I don't like it, I'll return it since they have a 10-day, no questions asked return policy. I liked the video Charbax did.

Return Policy

You can return your device within 10 days of receiving it, we will refund the full amount at your wish if you are not happy with it, or for any reason. No questions asked. You just have to send it back to us and we will check if it is in good working order. Promptly drop us an email at returns@enso-now.com as a first step.

Last edited by Katelyn; 03-22-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: I bought it!
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
What the heck. I just returned my OpenBook so I went for it. If I don't like it, I'll return it since they have a 10-day, no questions asked return policy. I liked the video Charbax did.
Cool... can't wait to read your first impressions and review.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Whoa, sorry for the duplicate thread. Anyhow, this does look almost too good to be true. I'm interested in how it turns out. I might order the non-GPS version as I don't need that. I like Aldiko and FBReader on Android when viewed on my son's Archos 5IT, which should be about the same experience here. The only thing holding me back is the Archos 7 Home Tablet at $179. Still, my guess is the A7HT won't have Google Market and Mobile TV. I wonder what type of screen it has?

EDIT: 3 hour battery life? The ebay auction says 6 while listening to music and surfing the web. It has a 2000mAh battery. If it truly is only 3 hours that would be a no-go for sure.

Last edited by ColdSun; 03-24-2010 at 12:12 AM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Katelyn,

When do you think you'll have it? Sounds like a fun device. Ereader, Word-Player, and Wattpad are also available.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Katelyn,

When do you think you'll have it? Sounds like a fun device. Ereader, Word-Player, and Wattpad are also available.

Ellen
Per their Website -

Shipping & Delivery - Worldwide

- Worldwide shipping for only 25 USD
- EMS China courier, very reliable, insurance included.
- Packages are traceable online.
- Delivery time under 10 days

No tracking number yet. I should have it around April 1st or 2nd maybe?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Well vast majority of what I read is in html format. Won't need a reader program. If you can surf the web then you can read an html file unless its truly borked. I will be interested in a review of this one for sure. the delstar is 99.99% chance of getting returned...

Last edited by Highroller; 03-24-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
AyXa
AyXa began at the beginning.

Device: WITS A81, Nokia 6300, Palm T|E
They have stopped taking orders from web site.
AyXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Katelyn
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyXa View Post
They have stopped taking orders from web site.
The site is taking orders again.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well this time I am gonna wait and get a few reviews. the delstar is too fresh in my mind to jump in again ( This one sounds good but then so did the delstar openbook (
Old 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
ripxrip
ripxrip began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can't wait for Katelyn's review. This sounds like a perfect e-reader/kitchensink device, but I feel like it's got to be one of those "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" type of things. If it does what it claims, the price is perfect for me and I'll be grabbing one.
ripxrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
Highroller
Zealot

Still haven't gotten it Kateyln?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
Katelyn
Addict

Here is an email I received yesterday. I hope it isn't too long a delay /cry

Dear valued customer,

We did receive your order and payment.*

Due to our huge and sudden success, our facilities have a hard time to keep up with demand and shipping delays are taking longer than expected. Be assured that we have your best interests at heart and that we are making all our possible to ship as fast as possible. You will receive an e-mail notice as soon as your order is shipped.*

Thank you for your patience.

--
Customer Care,
info@enso-now.com
Old 04-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Wow Katelyn,

So are you going to wait or cancel?

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
Katelyn
Addict

I'm going to wait a little longer. Their site said it would take 10 days and they mean business days based on what I read. It's been 10 business days today and they're been good about replying to emails.