Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
HenryP
Enthusiast
HenryP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Porter, Henry: Taken in by America, v1, 1 April 2009

Hello,
My April Fools' Day launch of the ebook 'Taken in by America' continues apace.
Thanks to all who sought to point me here, especially Patricia for persevering to the stage of my arrival.

'Taken in by America' is an outsider's view of how the USA came to be as it is, of what makes the American tick.

I will upload Part One, here. It is also available for download from the website 'www.takeninbyamerica.com'.

The .lrf version I'm uploading, here, should have a Table of Contents but I can't view it because, as Kovid Goyal advises, his 'Calibre' viewer doesn't show the TOC. I hope the uploaded file works on your reader but if it doesn't please contact me though this forum or via the website and I'll endeavour to fix it.

I hope those of you who start reading the story will enjoy it but if not I expect you'll tell me where the non-fiction work falls down.

Henry

[EDIT: Book download in post #3]

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-14-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Book not posted in 1st post.
HenryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
HenryP
Enthusiast

Porter,Henry:Taken in by America,v1,1 April 2009

This overwrites the original file with corrections that have come to light. Further amendments will be made as they are detected.

Henry

Last edited by HenryP; 05-03-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
HenryP
Enthusiast

Porter, Henry: Taken in by America, v1, 1 April 2009

I've made further progress concerning the ongoing .lrf 'Table of Contents' problem and am overwriting the .lrf file yet again; in this file the TOC is not 'contaminated' with the endnote references. (However, the endnote references are not yet as they should be in that the href links take the reader to the References section and back to the Chapter from which it came - but not to the page and paragraph.)

hp
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf TibA-serial-nws-01 - Henry Porter.lrf (132.4 KB, 440 views)

Tags
america, copy, counterfeit, masquerade, trickster