Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
AliveTouch Technology for Nook Kids - What is it?

This is from Barnes and Noble:

Barnes & Noble Brings Storytime to Life with NOOK kids™
Breakthrough Digital Reading Experience for Children

NOOK kids gives parents and children a new way to experience and enjoy reading together. Storytime comes to life using Barnes & Noble’s exclusive, patent-pending AliveTouch™ technology, inviting children to interact with words and pictures on the page, easily find their favorite story and even have some read aloud to them. And coming soon, NOOK kids eBooks will feature light motion graphics and interactivity that fits into the story and plotlines.

I am curious about what is the patent-pending AliveTouch technology besides simple animation or pop-ups so I searched the US Patent and Trade Mark office online and nothing comes out. What is interesting though is there are all kinds of Trade Marks associated with the Nook; Nook kids, Nook, Nook2, Nook study, Nook connect, Nook cook but no AliveTouch or Nook Color. Also, the Nook trademarks were filed not by Barnes & Noble but by a company called Fission Inc, which might be a shell company created by B&N to hide the sensitive intellectual information. I am very intrigued by what kind of patent or description they have filed for the kids ebooks. So far I am having a hard time finding more information on their claimed patent or trade mark so I am hoping my fellow MR members can help me out in this area.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I think "AliveTouch" is a box that kids put their hands in to "feel" along with the story. So if the story is about worms, they feel gushy gummy worms. If it's about puppies, they feel fake fur and hear puppies barking. Of course, mom and dad have to set the box up ahead of time.

But then again, I could be wrong.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert