Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #3151
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version

Version 2.0.0 - 23 Jul 2014
  • Now supporting Qt5 and Calibre 2.0 (currently in beta).
  • Translations updates to French and German and new translation Spanish, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
  • Apply cover_exclusion_regexp to specific cover images, too
  • Add site specific reviews to wraithbait.com
  • Allow ffnet story specific covers by default
  • Add "Reject Without Confirmation" feature (plugin only)
  • Add Spanish translation (plugin only)
  • Change default encoding for bloodshedverse.com to Windows-1252
  • Allow chapterless Fimf stories
  • Fix for login needed for efpfanfic.net 'red' rated stories
  • Known problem: Password protected FimFiction.net stories aren't working. FimF changed API access.
  • Known problem: specific metadata 'eroticatags' for literotica.com doesn't work on all stories.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #3152
xvector
xvector began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro (Android - Nexus 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
First, you have to use epub, then you can include images most easily by using the checkbox on the right side of the Basic FFDL config tab.

The story images are now used by default with ffnet stories--but not if it detects that the image shown is an author image instead (as indicated by /imageu/ in the image URL).
Thanks so much!

Where can "Calibre 2.0" be found? All I see is 1.45.0 as the latest version?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #3153
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvector View Post
Thanks so much!

Where can "Calibre 2.0" be found? All I see is 1.45.0 as the latest version?
"Calibre 2.0 (currently in beta)." Meaning it's not released yet. In part because the plugins need to be changed to support first.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #3154
AmberDragon
AmberDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
I've though about adding some mail-parsing ability to FFDL, so I'd have to work even less, but JimmXinu (I think?) noted that giving an addon access to one's mail wasn't perhaps a very smart thing to do. I'm still trying to think about a way around that that wouldn't require an in-house mail server and/or a dedicated account.
I was catching up on the thread and saw this back on page 208 - maybe rss could work? I know that gmail has an inbox feed, and label feeds, too. That way the plugin wouldn't touch your email, just access a generated "Fanfic Updates" label feed, for example.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #3155
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post
I was catching up on the thread and saw this back on page 208 - maybe rss could work? I know that gmail has an inbox feed, and label feeds, too. That way the plugin wouldn't touch your email, just access a generated "Fanfic Updates" label feed, for example.
If it could be used as a read-only access, using two-factor auth, I might consider it some day.

But does the RSS show you enough of the message to snag the story URLs? And does it mark the messages as read?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #3156
AmberDragon
AmberDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
If it could be used as a read-only access, using two-factor auth, I might consider it some day.

But does the RSS show you enough of the message to snag the story URLs? And does it mark the messages as read?
I haven't played around with the gmail feeds in an actual rss reader, but going by the generated page in Chrome it seems to be basically a notification kind of thing - subject, sender, and a snippet of message - that funnels you back to gmail to actually read the messages, so it doesn't mark them as read on its own. Probably no actual links, unless they were in the very first line of the message, but the the update emails I get generally have the author and title in subject, which should be enough to match the relevant story in the database and pull the url, right? If you want to check it yourself, you can find the feed link and some simple instructions at https://developers.google.com/gmail/gmail_inbox_feed.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #3157
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I'm having trouble downloading stories from SpuffyRealm (Spikeluver.com).

They all show the same error:

Quote:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'
http://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/vi....php?sid=34845
and it's not just that story, it's at least 10 more.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #3158
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I'm having trouble downloading stories from SpuffyRealm (Spikeluver.com).

They all show the same error:

and it's not just that story, it's at least 10 more.
They changed the site a bit. The attached version fixes it for me.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-01-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #3159
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I also have trouble with a couple of stories from Dark Solace and Bloodshedverse, but I'll test the new version and see if it helps.

Edit: Unfortunately it didn't but it's the same error:

Quote:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'
http://bloodshedverse.com/stories.php?go=read&no=4470
and also several stories.

From Dark Solace it's only three stories, but it's the same error on all three stories:

Quote:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Error
A Hero Defined
Blond Goth Girl
HTTP Error 404: Not Found
http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3188

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 07-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #3160
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I also have trouble with a couple of stories from Dark Solace and Bloodshedverse, but I'll test the new version and see if it helps.

Edit: Unfortunately it didn't but it's the same error:

and also several stories.

From Dark Solace it's only three stories, but it's the same error on all three stories:
Bloodshedverse is a similar problem, but different code because it's a different site. I'll fix it in next release or test version.

That Dark Solace story works fine for me. Note that the error is 404 -- Not Found. It may have been a site issue.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #3161
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Here's the links for the rest of the Dark Solace stories:

http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3423

http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3342
Old 07-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #3162
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Here's the links for the rest of the Dark Solace stories:
Again, both work fine for me. (If you had all three urls to start with, why didn't you post them all the first time?)

It might be a skin issue. Change your skin to 'not-without-a-fight', see if that works better.

If not, you can post a debug log. That's my last idea.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #3163
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I still get an error:

Quote:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Error
A Hero Defined
Blond Goth Girl
HTTP Error 404: Not Found
I've tried all the skins, but still get the same error on all three stories.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #3164
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
I still get an error:

I've tried all the skins, but still get the same error on all three stories.
That's a registered users only story. Maybe there is problem with the login?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #3165
newfictioner
newfictioner began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
I'd try to download this pluging but something was wrong. This is the message that I can read when de download failed

Quote:
calibre, version 1.7.0
ERROR: Fallo en la instalación del complemento: Ha ocurrido un error al instalar este complemento y a continuación se desinstalará. Por favor, publique el mensaje de error que aparece en los detalles de más abajo en la conversación del foro para este complemento y reinicie calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Users\vero\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_gx_gta\6v uwro.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.13.0
Closed Thread