Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #31
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Will the letter always be an attachment, or can it be hidden another way?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #32
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Great idea for a contest.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #33
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
See, this is a neat idea for a contest in theory, but I'm not as big a fan of it in practice.

The reason for this, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) is that I have absolutely no interest in many brands of eReader or file formats. I generally only peruse the News/ Commentary, Kindle, Calibre, ePub, and iRex forums, with a very occasional browsing of other devices (such as the Pocketbook and Onyx forums from time to time).

If they're randomly strewn about all subforums, it puts people like myself at a distinct disadvantage. I know it's just a contest so it's not that big a deal, but most people only care about the device they own or are thinking about buying, and while some people have practically every eReader out there, not everyone can afford that.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #34
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
See, this is a neat idea for a contest in theory, but I'm not as big a fan of it in practice.

The reason for this, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) is that I have absolutely no interest in many brands of eReader or file formats. I generally only peruse the News/ Commentary, Kindle, Calibre, ePub, and iRex forums, with a very occasional browsing of other devices (such as the Pocketbook and Onyx forums from time to time).

If they're randomly strewn about all subforums, it puts people like myself at a distinct disadvantage. I know it's just a contest so it's not that big a deal, but most people only care about the device they own or are thinking about buying, and while some people have practically every eReader out there, not everyone can afford that.
It is mentioned in the first post that there will be clues as to where to find each days letter. Hopefully that will ensure it does not take hours and hours of crawling through every forum topic(whether interested in it or not) to find each letter and will ensure it is fair to everyone.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #35
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Sounds fun!

Looking forward to the contests - sounds like a fun distraction from work and the upcoming holidays.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #36
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
It is mentioned in the first post that there will be clues as to where to find each days letter.
... Oh. I must've missed that. Sorry.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #37
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
MOBILEREAD WINTER CONTEST DAY 2: HINT

Good morning, everybody. This is day 2 of MobileRead's winter contest and it's my pleasure to give you a small hint on where to find the next letter. The thread you want to visit is a real 'classic'. Dr. Drib has started it in March 2007. It has over 3,000 post - and contains a lot of book titles. Have fun!

Last edited by ravenne; 12-01-2009 at 02:25 AM.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #38
PBGramps
Gramps
PBGramps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well - this sounds great. As a new member, though, I'll probably never find any other than the 1st on. I even had trouble finding taht obvoius one. The only thing I've ever won was a low number in the Military lottery in 1971. That was not an especially good prize. 8>)

Gramps
PBGramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 AM   #39
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hi Gramps and welcome to MobileRead.
I've sent you a Private Message with a (hopefully) helpful hint - let me know if it isn't.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #40
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Yay, I'm in the lead!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #41
seveng
seveng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Palm Pre
Oh, sure, turn down the search functionality during the contest.
seveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #42
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Good morning, everybody. This is day 2 of MobileRead's winter contest and it's my pleasure to give you a small hint on where to find the next letter. The thread you want to visit is a real 'classic'. Dr. Drib has started it in March 2007. It has over 3,000 post - and contains a lot of book titles. Have fun!
I don't think I'd every have found it given that clue, dang good thing I was already reading that thread.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #43
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Yay, I'm in the lead!
Uh....dude!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #44
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Is this contest only valid for US residents or it is worlwide?
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #45
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankovicgood View Post
Is this contest only valid for US residents or it is worlwide?
It's worldwide, jankovicgood. I don't know where your are located. If your native language is French or German you may want to check out our French or German contest threads (just click the link in my signature).
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, pocketebook, winter