Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
whiteorca
whiteorca began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Question Screen Background "color"

First and foremost, I will also like to add my thanks to Kovid for his most excellent application. I'd had my share of frustration with Sony's "official" application, and Calibre basically should be a testimony of superior craftsmanship should look like

Now, to my wee question:

I created a recipe for a mexican local newspaper ("La Jornada"). The situation is: articles seem to "inherit" the background color of the webpage they get extracted from. Thus, contrast on my 505 suffers greatly and becomes somewhat uncomfortable to read.

Is there any way to modify the background color on the Recipe? I couldn't find an answer for that on you help website.

The source I created it from was:

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/rss/

I didn't used the Edicion completa (Complete Edition) link, but rather built the Recipe feed by feed as listed.

Oh, by the way... I am using ePub as the output feed, since .lrf tends to freeze and reset my reader

Thanks again

Last edited by whiteorca; 09-19-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Adding an afterthought
whiteorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
set

no_stylesheets = True

in your recipe
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
whiteorca

Hmmm... I tried that, but it returns me a snapshot of the webpage, which is even more bothersome to read, and the background color remains

Is'n there any method that switches only the background off?

thanks again
Old 09-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The background could be "coming from" any number of sources. It could be a specified background color, a background image, a background color for a sub-element, the only way to do it is to inspect the HTML, see where its coming from and add a directive to the recipe to remove that element.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
whiteorca

Will do so... thanks :-)
Advert