Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
FaisalAbid
Developer - Kobo Arc.
FaisalAbid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Ask Me Anything: Developer on Kobo Arc

Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

p.s There is a kobo easter egg on the device! Find it if you can!

Last edited by FaisalAbid; 12-06-2012 at 04:19 PM.
FaisalAbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
kstearns
kstearns began at the beginning.

I would like to know if it can be viewed outdoors. I have a Asus TF101 but it is barely viewable/readable out of doors in the sunlight. Thank you.
kstearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalAbid View Post
Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

I have a question. Who let you out of your cage?
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Well, there's the KoboEaster (version 1.0, 44KB) app hanging around in the app list. Obviously we need to figure out how to run it. Can't be arsed to, though.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Is it a chocolate Easter egg? A little early (or late depending on your point of view) isn't it? Sorry couldn't resist.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

I have a question regarding sharing using Wifi direct.

I was able to connect to the tablet from my s3 using wifi direct but it says file sharing is not available when I try to share pictures/videos over.

I had to end up relying on sharing via Office Suite Pro 6.5 Wifi Direct to get the job done. Am I missing a trick here or it is intended to disallow native wifi direct file sharing? Thanks!
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
tinted_tictac
tinted_tictac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox, Nexus 7
Hi FaisalAbid,

Thanks for taking the time to ask and answer our questions.

What are the chances that we will eventually get the option to disable the Discovery bar and reclaim the real estate?

Last edited by tinted_tictac; 12-07-2012 at 11:24 AM.
tinted_tictac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
FaisalAbid
Developer - Kobo Arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Is it a chocolate Easter egg? A little early (or late depending on your point of view) isn't it? Sorry couldn't resist.
Haha! if you find it, ill figure out how to send you a chocolate!

Hint: It's somewhere on the tapestries itself!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
FaisalAbid
Developer - Kobo Arc.

Hi CoresLogic, let me ask around on your question and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic View Post
I have a question regarding sharing using Wifi direct.

I was able to connect to the tablet from my s3 using wifi direct but it says file sharing is not available when I try to share pictures/videos over.

I had to end up relying on sharing via Office Suite Pro 6.5 Wifi Direct to get the job done. Am I missing a trick here or it is intended to disallow native wifi direct file sharing? Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinted_tictac View Post
Hi FaisalAbid,

Thanks for taking the time to ask and answer our questions.

What are the chances that we will eventually get the option to disable the Discovery bar and reclaim the real estate?
Reclaiming the space is impossible at the moment - but you can go into Settings->Apps->All and disable the DiscoveryService app. The Discover bar & label will remain, but it won't be populated with anything.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Orelia Jones
Orelia Jones began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can the Arc do Japanese & download books on wifi?

Hi Faisal,
I'm trying to get some info for a Japanese friend who lives here in the US. She loves my Glo but wants the capabilities of a tablet & wifi book downloading because she travels a lot.

& where can she buy one?
Orelia Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
kindle88
kindle88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Got my Kobo Arc 16GB White a couple days ago here in Canada. Liking it so far. But still many things to explore and try out.

My white Arc only comes with the black theme. But on the Indigo website, there is a white theme for the white model. See below. How do I get the white colored theme? Thanks.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-25-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: grammar
kindle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I'm surprised this hasn't come up sooner.

The themes seen in most promotional material is not final design. We have since updated it. If you PM me, I can probably send you the white wallpaper though.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #14
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
I just got notified of a system update for my Arc - any info on what it includes?
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Haha! if you find it, ill figure out how to send you a chocolate!

Hint: It's somewhere on the tapestries itself!
Ok I think I've wasted an inordinate amount of time looking for this easter egg tonight. Thanks for the hint (although it hasn't been much help). This is going to drive me nuts until I find it. Damn you OCD!
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc